Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shyness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a little thing.

Can you people give me advise to become less shy. i want to speak, not go red and be happy!

Comments

• Options
    Fake confidence. Everyone else does.
  • Options
    use your shyness ...it may well prove to be an asset.
  • Options
    i find that pretending to be confidant in a situation works well. soon the pretending wears off and you are actually being yourself.

im not saying pretend to be someone else just act how you would like to in that situation.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    There's some good info and some tips on over-coming shyness in this article.

Hope it helps some,
    CB
  • Options
    use your shyness ...it may well prove to be an asset.

how? explain? :D
  • Options
    how? explain? :D
    shyness can be very atrractive ...can bring out the best in protective kind of people ...people who find it difficult to trust the brash.
    all manner of people can be atracted to the shy ...those who see you as gullible ...those who see you as thoughtful ...
    shyness could well be seen as a hanicap in many areas of life but in others ...a huge attractuion.
    it's a perfectly natural human condition as is brashness in others yes?
    in a past life i was captain of a pirate ship ...i knew not to put the guy with bad eyes in the crows nest ...he could well be a shit hot cook.
    the guy who can't shoot straight might be able to man a sail ...
    we all have beauty and qualities but this mad fucking world seems determined to crush us ...