Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

describe your ecstacy 'comedowns'

1235»

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    It all depends on how you put it really, doesn't it? The results for those two studies could be presented differently but conducted the same way....
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    until we all attain enlightenment the term 'no medicinal use' is presumptuous at best
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    It all depends on how you put it really, doesn't it? The results for those two studies could be presented differently but conducted the same way....

The key difference is the objectivity, the first of the two clearly isnt.
  • Options
    Agreed. But do you know what I am getting at?
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Agreed. But do you know what I am getting at?

Certainly, its not really even just the data collection which is important its the use that data is put to. Or even if the data is right at all, I give you the example of 'MDMA causes parkinsons' or would that be that the scientists gave the rats massive doses of methamphetamine by mistake, ooops.
  • Options
    I remember, it didn't do much much for the credibility of MDMA research really...
    Certainly, its not really even just the data collection which is important its the use that data is put to.

Absolutely, and that is where what you were saying about the intent is important, because the results can be skewed in whichever way you choose to interpret them...
  • Options
    Oh and there was the 'holes in your brain' research that was a classic too.

I remember watching an Opra where they interviewed a Esctasy user, she tested her pills, made sure she didnt take too many etc. did all she could to reduce the risk. Then they tell her it causes holes in her brain, physical holes, she was really shocked and was going to stop. When she learns it was a lie is she going to trust the government again?
  • Options
    no but theres no way she would have been ALLOWED to put across any other sentiment on yank TV :no:
  • Options
    no but theres no way she would have been ALLOWED to put across any other sentiment on yank TV :no:

I have heard someone say that the UN is leaned on by the US if they put 'harm reduction' into reports, it suggests that drug use is being condoned.

And of course anti-US retoric is so easy and a lot of the time undeserved, but in terms of the 'drug war' most of it is completely deserved.
  • Options
    For anyone who is interested in the research Bong just mentioned, there are reports on Erowid, one titled Claim the MDMA causes Parkingon's - a review and the other "Holes in your Brain" Science Discredited.
  • Options
    US drug education is a joke as well...all the kids that appear on the sites are all the most oh-so-innocent and pure middle class bastards that were ever shat into civilisation...NO WHERE but NO WHERE in most of these nationally targeted campaigns do you get any sense that the people who put it together actually acknowledge how woefully unrepresented a large number of poor americans are in the way drug 'education' is targeted.

and i object to the term 'mis-use'...if you put a pill in your mouth you are using it correctly, there is no correct way of using it and so there cannot be any opposite...stop loading the education in such a one sided way that it prevents people from reaching objective conclusions, and y'know what?

Maybe not everyone will think its a good idea ON BALANCE rather than under pressure...
  • Options
    It varies between States of course.

In some ways it does prevent use, many cannabis users are put off, but it doesnt stop troublesome or harmful drug use, in fact it probably makes it worse.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    ...and try and drink lots of non-alcoholic liquids on comedown as well.

ORANGE JUICE! Lots of.
  • Options
    gomigirl wrote:
    ORANGE JUICE! Lots of.

Orange juice is no miricule cure, it doesnt have any specific action, though the acidic nature of it may help the body expell the amphetamine type drugs quicker.
  • Options
    I'm usually good with comedowns and don't really get much. Wish that was the case this week but sadly not.

this is the worst I have ever had it. I had 3 pills within 6 hours and a little more than a 1/4g of ketamine on Saturday. I have felt so miserable, doubting everything etc since Tuesday. It was my birthday on Tues :birthday: so I wasn't a happy bunny.

Need to get me some valerian and some 5htp for when I get them this bad again.