Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

describe your ecstacy 'comedowns'

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    Pure pills arent wanted anymore though, people want a punch

:yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    shoosh you! he said 'people' not 'edcaeses'
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    They want the biggest punch for the least money.

:D so true... i heard pills back in the early 90's cost anything up to £20 :crazyeyes bet ya that was the rich mans drug back then.
  • Options
    your right maddog £20 a pill bet u them pills fucked you up all night long and all u needed was 1 pill all night where as today you need as many as 6-8 pills for a really good night so that proves that drugs are only getting weaker.

big up all the pill & dope heads :shocking:
  • Options
    bet u them pills fucked you up all night long and all u needed was 1 pill all night where as today you need as many as 6-8 pills for a really good night so that proves that drugs are only getting weaker.

What a load of jank.
    The drug has probably changed very little - it's the way people use it that has changed.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Skive wrote:
    What a load of jank.
    The drug has probably changed very little - it's the way people use it that has changed.
    :yes: I agree. People have a lot less respect for pills, partly because they are easily available and very inexpensive.
  • Options
    Actually there is some evidence to suggest pills have gotten weaker and I've heard some people suggest the reason pills were so strong when they first arrived was they had meth in them.

There are so many reports of people saying a pill lasted them 7 or 8 hours, sometimes even more, MDMA doesnt do that, but MDMA and meth can.

Per mg however pills have gotten a LOT cheaper.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Actually there is some evidence to suggest pills have gotten weaker.

According to the Forensic Science Department who test drugs seized by the police, the quality of drugs submitted as ecstasy has remained fairly constant over the years, with MDMA still the most common active ingredient to be found.

- Nicholas Saunders '98
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Do you not think pills have changed since then? That is 6 full years ago.

Especially as its within those years we have seen a serious price drop.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Do you not think pills have changed since then? That is 6 full years ago.

If anything I think they have got stronger.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    If anything I think they have got stronger.

Maybe you're right, Bluelight.nu posts lab reports relatively often and though that isnt an ideal source its one of the very few lab test results, a lot of the time the pills come back with 50-80mg of MDMA and trace MDA. Thats not all that strong when compared to the first Mitzi's (120mg) and other pills in the past.

It is completely impossible really to say whether or not they are getting stronger, I would say they can not be getting that much stronger if people are still using 5 or more in a night. Even with a big tolerance 5 times 120mg or more will totally batter you.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I would say they can not be getting that much stronger if people are still using 5 or more in a night. Even with a big tolerance 5 times 120mg or more will totally batter you.

But people want to get battered. :D
    I quite often get through in excess of 10 pills a night but they wern't weak and I used to be able polish of a gram of MDMA quite happily all to myself - not because I was in competition but because I enjoyed getting messy and my tolerence was so high.

Now I very rarely do pills my tolerence has dropped so much I get wasted on just one.

As I said before I think it's the way people use them that has changed so dramatically. TBH I think pill quality has pretty much stayed constant since I started using them back in 95/96.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Fair enough I suppose, but then we are purely going on our circle of experience, which isnt all that representative.

I guess I just dont want to accept people using upwards of a gram of MDMA on a regular basis, scary.
  • Options

good point well put :yes:
    I guess I just dont want to accept people using upwards of a gram of MDMA on a regular basis, scary.

very much so...its scares me how much regular uses forget that they DO have a life and the potential to do other things, outside of their drug use. This type of usage shows an absolute disregard for anything that MIGHT impact upon this and makes a mockery of the term (used in a relative context) 'responsible' drug use. Just because you can get up, have a cup of tea and make it to work the next DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE OK.

Alot of drug users seem to want to educate themselves, but too many only educate and absorb information they find favourable to legitimate what they are doing.
  • Options
    How did it go Mr Bashir? Very good point well put.
  • Options
    I suppose you're right without extensive lab tests we cant really know how the quality is changing.

I think the big rise in people drinking while taking pills really is representative of a new attitude to them.
  • Options
    I refuse to answer any further questions under an old Hampshire law that allows me to protect the identity of my 'associates', sheep, cattle and three pigs all living on common lan...or something :D

no its just... i remember that for all the information (remember i was actually reading this Site loooong before my join date, i must have been reading TheSite.org since 1999 and the boards since 2001) i got i only ever wanted to believe in the 'maybes' 'maybe this is ok' and 'inconclusive evidence of harm' type stuff...

Until i felt like i was going to die, 3 times a day for a month.

Now its analageous to the kid not being wary of the kettle til he burns himself on it, you can tell him but i guarentee you there are very few children who learn entirely through what they are told.

Although on the other hand, if i could hold up to what skive appears to then i might actually be still using, working on the logic i've just used.
  • Options
    Of course, people with a vested interest are going to subjectively interpret the information given to them.

And yes, I was one of those kids who said 'it doesnt look hot - ouch!'

But at the moment maybes are all we really have, there isnt any contrete evidence, but common sense suggests that caining a gram a week isnt going to do you any good. Just the organ damage alone really isnt wise.
  • Options
    with the amount of people who through anecdotal or other means, communicate the idea that people they know who have been heavy long term users of MDMA have exhibited clear and present cognitive and behavioural changes which in almost all cases have been percieved to be negative or of concern, i'd say that the research is dragging its heels behind an educated consensus among some that MDMA has the potential to enact very serious changes in the mental health of the person when taken frequently and in large doses.

The propensity for many of these users to combine this with other drugs is a completely different kettle of fish and as the reasearch into E is so up in the air...what the fuck do you think it is the potential for knowing if their are any mental health implications for some of the popular E combinations that are going on...the lack of knowledge coupled with what can be seen as clear and present consequence is more than scarey...
  • Options
    Lots of anecdotal evidence doesnt make for a sound judgement though does it.

In fact I read some research a while back comparing 'depression indicators' between drug users who used MDMA and other things to those who only used other things. The results were pretty much the same.

It may well be it is the late nights, bad diets and other drugs are playing more of a part than we like to admit.

Though you are right in that many users feel that MDMA has had a negative affect on their health, and it may well have done.
  • Options
    Whilst I agree, we are getting onto the dangerous ground of anecdotal evidence being presented as fact (and I don't mean you Martin). Without extensive research, this becomes a perfect opportunity to start a scare campaign that will put drugs education for E back two decades. Bring on the fundiing for proper research I say.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Lots of anecdotal evidence doesnt make for a sound judgement though does it.

Snap!
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Bring on the funding for proper research I say.

Its not really a funding issue, there are universities and so on who would gladly investigate this, their hands are tied by the statutes, the class MDMA falls into restricts heavily any research.
  • Options
    no but Qualitative has to inform the DESIRE to conduct proper research, as LJ said funding is the issue...

someone presents the case to you that...this man does pills at least one a week, at least 6 in one session, and has done so regularly for a number of months...then puts it to you that the introduction of this substance into this person has had a drastic effect on their mental state, for example depression extremely irritability and self harm (now before i get jumped on i'd like to point out that the manner in which mental health symptoms manifest themselves are as individual as the person who is exhibiting them, and i AM NOT SAYING THAT SELF HARM IS A COMMON REDUCABLE CONSEQUENCE OF E USE, okeey) then it is very hard on balance to discount this entirely...so as a catalyst this type of evidence does have a place in the chain of research...

what is doesnt do is nail anything that can be presented to a majority of people...qualitative evidence can provide a unique insight but is easily contested....what it does do is provide an impotus for medical research...

the relationship here is that anecdotal evidence can show the effect of medical evidence in the real world but in terms of presenting compelling evidence they are interdependant....

so im not sugesting we take it as primary evidence, im suggesting though that it has a greater role to play than simply dismissing it as hearsay out of hand
  • Options
    I dont think either of us are 'dismissing hearsay evidence out of hand' both of us acknowledged that it does exist but that the research is somewhat patchy.

And as I said, I dont think funding is the issue.

As for your hypothetical case I would want to know not just that he had been taking pills, has he been sleeping properly, has he taken any other drugs, is he happy with his work/home balance, are his relationships stable.....

The problem is that people point to one trigger, he uses pills so that must be the cause, its likely not helping but there may well be other factors.
  • Options
    oh of course, but the degree of effect is also an issue, someone coming down off a pill binge may have trouble in relations with others, so its interrelational as well.

In this day and age the patterns of use and the free radical nature of whats actually in the pills, means that to be honest where does it end? Conclusive research into MDMA usage (fanciful notion i know but bear with me) would only provide evidence for that drug, in isolation, in certain doses and situations with certain people...

its not so much what we DO know about usage, but what we CAN know...and i incresingly find that to be a very grey area..
  • Options
    Yes, quite, which is why this research I read about comparing users was rather interesting, insted of just poking holes in other research because people use more than MDMA alone it embraced it and used it as the centre of their research.

It was a PDF file so its troublesome to post up though I'll try.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    And as I said, I dont think funding is the issue.

However, IMO, if somone influential was willing to throw an amount of monetary clout behind a research proposal, the legal barriers would come tumbling down...
  • Options
    money desolves legislation like water causes rust im afraid...but there is a limit to what we actually can know though..
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    However, IMO, if somone influential was willing to throw an amount of monetary clout behind a research proposal, the legal barriers would come tumbling down...

Hmm, it depends entirely on what their focus was. Projects such as;

"We intend to investigate the harm which MDMA causes"

are more easily accepted

"We intend to investigate if MDMA causes harm and to what degree"

is quite different.