Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

describe your ecstacy 'comedowns'

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my cum downs vairy, i tend 2 get upset & agertated easier. i only c my boyfriend at weekends so when he goes i get upset.think its best 2 just get on wiv things cuz by thursday its gone & ya ready 2 get back on it again!

think speed gives me the worst cum down :yuck:
  • Options
    the best pils ive had 4 a while wer the star shaped ones (not the 1 wiv the * print on the) but i woz told they wer full of ket, jst cnt seem 2 get hold of um now tho?! :yum:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Ahh, too much text talk!! Please try to spell everything out properly, see theGood Manners Guide for the reasons why...
  • Options
    themouth wrote:
    the best pils ive had 4 a while wer the star shaped ones (not the 1 wiv the * print on the) but i woz told they wer full of ket, jst cnt seem 2 get hold of um now tho?! :yum:

Taking ketamine that way is quite unpredictable and can be very strong and over powering. Also taking an anesthetic in a crowded club isnt all that wise.
  • Options
    they wernt k pills they were just sed 2 have a lot of it in! but wat ever it woz they were fantastic!
  • Options
    themouth wrote:

yes they were going about october/november time as i remeber...really good...never took ket so i can't compare buzzes but they were weird indeed.
  • Options
    Pill comedowns don't get to me an awful lot, and if they do you just keep drinking. Worst comedown ever was from taking far too much MDMA...couldn't gfet out of bed til about 7pm, and then just went straight to the oub and continued drinking. It never fails.
  • Options
    gomigirl wrote:
    Pill comedowns don't get to me an awful lot, and if they do you just keep drinking. Worst comedown ever was from taking far too much MDMA...couldn't gfet out of bed til about 7pm, and then just went straight to the oub and continued drinking. It never fails.

Not good advice to give though is it really...
  • Options
    Indeed. Compounding the damage and prolonging the comedown....
  • Options
    Totally screw me up
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Indeed. Compounding the damage and prolonging the comedown....

It was the first advice given, on my first comedown, by 3 people. that and eating stuff. But I felt too ming to eat :yuck:
    I didn't say drinking to excess to get over it, but a pint seems to settle my stomach and soothe my head and even out my mood a little.
  • Options
    :banghead: I never get a comedown even thought I take between 5 to 10 pills a night at the weekend. As long as u have a lot of dope then u should'nt get a comedown instead u should be tripping like fuck when u take about 6-9 lungs when your coming down, it's brilliant the best high ever!

lungs are the way to go :thumb:
  • Options
    :banghead: I never get a comedown thanks to a whole lot of dope and lungs and u will never get a comedown u will just trip like fuck.

blue playstation pills are the best :thumb:
  • Options
    gomigirl wrote:
    I didn't say drinking to excess to get over it, but a pint seems to settle my stomach and soothe my head and even out my mood a little.

Of course it does, because you aren't giving your body a chance to fully expel all the toxins, and it is this breakdown of chemical nasties that makes you feel so rough. As I said, prolonging the comedown. I doubt knowing this will stop anyone, but be aware that you are being quite hard on your body when you do it, and try and drink lots of non-alcoholic liquids on comedown as well.
  • Options
    :banghead: I never get a comedown thanks to a whole lot of dope and lungs and u will never get a comedown u will just trip like fuck.

I don't believe that for a minute.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Of course it does, because you aren't giving your body a chance to fully expel all the toxins, and it is this breakdown of chemical nasties that makes you feel so rough. As I said, prolonging the comedown. I doubt knowing this will stop anyone, but be aware that you are being quite hard on your body when you do it, and try and drink lots of non-alcoholic liquids on comedown as well.

More than anything, you really shouldnt drink before noon, its bad form.

Unless its a bloody mary, then its ok.
  • Options
    Absolutely in agreement with you there. At a stretch a Guiness could be allowed as a breakfast substitute, but that is quite borderline.
  • Options
    Can anyone physically drink Guiness in the morning? I cant stomach it at any time.
  • Options
    Unless its a bloody mary, then its ok

oh no its not, the Bloody Mary was invented as a way for rich alcoholics to get wasted without their wives knowing about it.

Sometime in the 1930's (it think), at The Ritz (so it's told) N.Y, a rich industrialist was banned from drinking by his wife who was a member of the temperance union (no drinky for you! type people). In order to get wasted on the sly he ordered the barman to make him a drink which could completely disguise the alcoholic content.

So he used Vodka, and then built the strongest flavours in his bar around it. Tomato Juice, Tabasco, Worstershire Sauce, Salt, Pepper and garnished with a stick of celary.

...so there you have it, its not alright, in fact its only for bad nasty evil people who want to drink as early as possible. :yes:
    At a stretch a Guiness could be allowed as a breakfast substitute, but that is quite borderline.

come and see the people i've served Guiness to @ 5am and you wont be so sure...
  • Options
    ...so there you have it, its not alright, in fact its only for bad nasty evil people who want to drink as early as possible. :yes:

Whose saying I'm not a bad nasty evil person who wants to drink as early as possible?

And to me that sounds just really clever and sneeky, two attributes I admire.
  • Options
    did you further know...the Long Island Ice tea was invented to get as wasted as possible, as quick as possible, on as many different spirits as possible.

It's called ice tea because with that much alcohol in it it dilutes that drink down so (with lemon in it) it looks like iced tea. There should always be alot of lemon juice squeezed on the top, to disguise the smell.
  • Options
    oh yeah back on topic, i remember hearing from someone that after years of vodka bashing on the comedown...well...things werent so good...
  • Options
    Wasn't it invented during the prohibition era, when many coctails were to use up and cover over dodgy spirits.
  • Options
    yup...theres a thousand of them aparently, many of which have been lost over time, but The Long Island Iced Tea is one which remains.

however alot of bars that serve it dont make the proper cocktail. Sometimes subbing similar spirits is OK but not excluding them.

If it aint Gin, Vodka, Dark Rum (bacardi is acceptable as a sub), Tequila and Triple Sec, WITH lemons actually squeezed into the top as opposed to a lemon slither floating in it, and lots of ice....then it aint propa
  • Options
    I've never really been one for cocktails, I find you end up with a much worse hangover anyway.

Neat clear spririts are the way to go. But certainly not before noon.
  • Options
    try this..seek out that new Smirnoff Norsk...its a berry vodka...get yourself some lemonade.

then track down a bottle of Angostura bitters, available from Sainsburys.

Take a tumbler or highball glass, drop about 5 drops of the Angostura Bitters onto the sides of the inner of the glass, add ice if desired.

Then put a double measure of Smirnoff Norsk into the glass, top up with lemonade and stir until the liquid takes on an even ginger tint.

then drink, its lovely and it simply a vodka based cocktail, goes straight through you.
  • Options
    I dont drink Smirnoff, its too rough, although having said that I did once have some Smirnoff 21 at a very swanky reception and that was bloody fantastic.

Have you tried Bison Vodka?
  • Options
    you mean Zurbrowka...with Bison grass in it?

one of our KP's bought me some back from Poland, ive got the last of it in the fridge.

To drink vodka straight it has to be both very good quality and usually kept in the freezer.

Smirnoff Norsk isnt harsh, its distilled to be weaker and actually you can drink it straight with little hassle. Gorgeous stuff
  • Options
    Indeed, the one with the grass in it, you have to have it with apple juice, thats the Polish way.

For straight vodka Absolute is good or Stolli, though Stolli is owned by Pepsi.
  • Options
    I'd say for straight vodka you still have to go higher than Absolute...