Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

describe your ecstacy 'comedowns'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i enjoy these times as much as the highs.. the early morning/up all nite combination. waiting in a trainstation with ur closest buddies, maybe a smoke later...(not so good, i don't really like canabis, but its better than going to sleep). feeling so great.

sure i always end up feeling 'if only i had one more'

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    all depends really on how many you've taken and if you're doing an all nighter, usually on an all nighter i know everyone is on a comedown when it's all quiet, my face starts tingling, getting pins and needles in my face, eyes half opened, half empty tins and bottles that no one wants to drink because evne the thought of drink makes you sick, after a while, head starts to feel fried, spaced out, at 10 in the morning, you're feeling better in the stomach, go to the off licence, buy drink, go back to the house, drink, smoke, i never feel depressed on a comedown, just my head be's up my hole and i have a short attention span, it's good craic most of the time, other times i just want to kill someone, especially when you're stuck in the house with your whole family...ah well.
    i enjoy these times as much as the highs.. the early morning/up all nite combination. waiting in a trainstation with ur closest buddies, maybe a smoke later...(not so good, i don't really like canabis, but its better than going to sleep). feeling so great.

sure i always end up feeling 'if only i had one more'

I can't really say I enjoy the comedowns as much as the highs, lol...although sometimes the kind of trippy fixations can be interesting.

Smokin' soap is actually okay on a comedown...because it just mellows you down sort of...without actually tripping...i wouldn't smoke grass though, grass on a comedown would probably just give you a bad trip. Or good hash for that matter.

The sun is up, the world is awake...and you're feeling absolutely fucked...horrible feeling.

Next few days, depression, can't be bothered with anything, your head feels completely wasted...

But still, there is the coming weekend :cool: .
    sorry to dismiss you so easily, but i think you sir are a lightweigth!

i took a nice round 2 pills and 1g of mdma powder between three of us saturday nite. went all nite clubbing saturday nite in bristol, train back on my own to gloucester, then went to a karate grading for my red belt sunday at 11am

felt fine! here's my trumpet, ive allready blown it

i took a nice round 2 pills and 1g of mdma powder between three of us saturday nite. went all nite clubbing saturday nite in bristol, train back on my own to gloucester, then went to a karate grading for my red belt sunday at 11am

ha thats nothing, i used to take at least 7 pills every friday and saturday night, doing all nighters most time too, i must admit i wouldn't go to karate though.

Smarties and talcom powder eh?

Hardcore!

Remember comedowns affect people in different ways...
    I know for a fact the amount of pills taken is directly proportional to the harshness of a comedown... I know most of my comedowns have been pretty bad and horrible, but i brought it on myself, staying out all night after being to a club, before you know it it's 6AM, the sun's coming up and i'm sitting up a hill with a bunch of mates absolutely wrecked.... then like someone said above, it all goes quiet and things get very confusing and nasty...people look like death walking... not nice to see at all.
    For me, that's a sign of time for bed, staying up longer gets even worse....

I have also noticed the comedowns wern't half as bad when i first started taking them, infact they were pretty enjoyable, the last I had was about 6 months ago, so as you can see I'm on a very long break and have no desire in popping anytime soon.
    Nash wrote:
    Remember comedowns affect people in different ways...
    I know for a fact the amount of pills taken is directly proportional to the harshness of a comedown... I know most of my comedowns have been pretty bad and horrible, but i brought it on myself, staying out all night after being to a club, before you know it it's 6AM, the sun's coming up and i'm sitting up a hill with a bunch of mates absolutely wrecked.... then like someone said above, it all goes quiet and things get very confusing and nasty...people look like death walking... not nice to see at all.
    For me, that's a sign of time for bed, staying up longer gets even worse....

I have also noticed the comedowns wern't half as bad when i first started taking them, infact they were pretty enjoyable, the last I had was about 6 months ago, so as you can see I'm on a very long break and have no desire in popping anytime soon.

Yip. The more you take, the longer the period, the worse the comedown. You build up a backlog.

Haven't had any E for over 2 weeks, glad to get away from them. Have a feeling i'll get offered some tonight though :chin: .
    i found come downs varied from pills, i did these mickey mouse recently, and i didnt get much of a come down at all, but i did some heinekens once, and i felt like crap for a few days. Kept goin all dizzy n shit.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    i found come downs varied from pills, i did these mickey mouse recently, and i didnt get much of a come down at all, but i did some heinekens once, and i felt like crap for a few days. Kept goin all dizzy n shit.

what did u think of the mickeys? got 8 for friday... pa pa party

Wow! Arent you the big man, I wish I could be like you.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    enough of the 'how big is yours' bullshit please, that isn't what these forums are for. You do all realise that after you have reached a level of MDMA/ecstacy in your body, the only increase in effect you will get by taking more pills is a of the nasty side effects, don't you?
    Common sense says yes, but the desire to do more and be 'harder' than your mate is strong.
    Might not be the most sensible idea, but the side effects, i.e. feeling more mashed is good on occassion.
    Might not be the most sensible idea, but the side effects, i.e. feeling more mashed is good on occassion.

Probably not all that good for your organs and brain though is it.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Probably not all that good for your organs and brain though is it.

Who ever said that when they were under the influence?
    the mickeys are good, not like fantastic, but not bad at all
    J wrote:
    Actualy, my worst comedown was the morning of Sept 12th 2001. I'd just come out of Space nightclub and was still buzzing, got into the hotel room and switch the TV on to see the news! I think I'm still on that comedown to be honest.

I remember me and a few friends sitting around a house on New years day morning, it was early in the morning but we were still buzzing away, put the tv on and sat back down, the news came on and it was a special about the tsunami disaster, talk about a comedown, looking on big massive writing on the screen " 150,000 dead". :(

Comedowns vary, depends on what they are and how many you eat, sometimes i've found comedowns where i couldn't be arsed doing anything, but i rarely get that chance, it's just a feeling of tingliness all over your body, can be good and bad, it's hard to explain, it's like trying to tell someone what being stoned feels like, it's hard.
    rachie004 wrote:
    I've taken MDMA powder and not felt the affect of it the day after - it was lurvely

generally I want to sleep/be left alone/not eat

Most people tend to not get very serious come downs from MDMA powder, I think a lot of it has to do with expectation.

You expect not to feel that bad, so you dont.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    Common sense says yes, but the desire to do more and be 'harder' than your mate is strong.

I don't think that is generally why people take more. Once you've peaked pills become very morish. I remember 3 of us caining 45 pills between us in just over 12 hours - it had nothing to do with competition.
    As has already been said though, after a certain number of pills (depending on quality) taking more is really just pointless exercise as they have increasingly very little effect.
    Weekender Offender 
    Except making you more messy and making you look quite scary.
    Nas-T

My worst come down day was new years eve of 2002... :eek2:

Came out of Renegade Hardware at the Coloseum in London @ 5... Came down instantly as soon as i saw the daylight and then the feeling of poo hit hard.. Had to walk about half mile to station to get train with only thin coat... To our horror there were no trains for over an hour... Sat in the mens loos 4 of us huddled around the hand dryer coz we were all so damn cold... Felt like an eternity!

I hate come downs! !
    If you have a slab of beer and some smoke you will be grand. Had my worst come down ever at the weekend. Woke up and could not stop crying for no reason at all. It was very messed up. Plus none of my flatmates were up yet so I was all alone. So I left the flat and watched the football in the pub. Aahhh football, how many times have you lifted the gloom of a comedown.
    Drinking on a comedown isnt all that wise, it can seriously dehydrate you and cant be great for your liver and kidneys that take a beating after a night out.
    Taking ecstacy isn't all that wise either though. I usually back my beer drinking up with ice pops (you know the long frozen flavoured things). We always stock up on them before big sessions, they are brilliant.
    Well yes, but it cant be good to compound the situation with alcohol too.
    Yea, totally but it gives life that nice fluffy edge the next day. I wouldn't say drinking on a come down is half as bad as drinking while on pills. I'm sure you yourself have seen people downing litre bottles of vodka and such like it was water. Now that's unwise. I usually stick to the 'everything in moderation' philosophy, except maybe for smoke, it's usually one after another on comedown day.
    I know people who drink both with pills and on the comedown, both to me sound unpleasant, but thats just me.
    Yea, I don't tend to drink that much while on pills, maybe a beer or two, but I've seen some pretty heavy drinking by others. The thing is they don't get drunk, just totally out of the game doing untold damage to their insides. I will smoke joints heavily though, it gives a nicer buzz I think.
    in retrospect it is stupid drinking on them but the weekends are different, you're out to get totally fucked...just always has been my mentality
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    Drinking on a comedown isnt all that wise, it can seriously dehydrate you and cant be great for your liver and kidneys that take a beating after a night out.

It does the trick though.
    It's not a cure but it does help you forget your comedown. Alcohol also brings back your apetite.
    Weekender Offender