Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

odd thought

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    they have taken the organic out of it all ...every step of the way ...it realy is factory records ...
    mass produced pap for the masses ...
    download for free and bring the music industry to its knees ...that will put the organic back into music.
    we ...bennefit enormously.
  • Options
    personaly i got very very very little out of my schooling. my mum taught me to read write and count way before i started school which in a way was a down fall because of that i got bored with school at an early age. i've not had more than maybe 2 non-questions from books type lessons. one was last year, watching the matrix and writing a critique, the other was when i sort of took over a politics lesson, which gave me 3 weeks detention. I've taught myself how to sew, to cook, to do all the things that you really need to know in life but you don't get taught. i taught myself some history, mainly native american, victorian, and medieval, i taught myself my times tables and i taught myself how to read a map some other geography related things, i taught myself some bits about politics. i taught myself almost all the science i know out of books, same with IT. Singing, playing guitar, and music theory are the only things i've learnt in a "school" like setting, at my new music college. The only way i can learn is hands on, i find it really difficult otherwise, i ahve to use multi-media sorces (the only way i passed my shakespear modual was from reading the script, then watching the film and reading a modern version.

Basicly, i feel that if the teachers had used some more hands on methods and provided more than one way of doing things i wouldn't have been failed. but i have, and thats the way it is.
  • Options
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jazza wrote:
    I'm glad the SQA sticks with the more traditional uses of Classical music. Although we did get a Buddy Holly question in the prelim :chin:

You used to get a lot o Rock and Roll, 50s music etc in the old Higher. I don't know if it has changed much then with the into of Higher Still.