Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

COUNSELLING at MY uni.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
just an update really...

a while ago i posted a thread in this section about not being allowed any counselling at my university...

anyway, today, one of my tutors has arranged to meet, with the dean of students, with me - in order to try to get the situation sorted!!!!!! - which i think is a good thing :) ... kind of dreading the meeting though :nervous: - which is next week!!!!!

i'll keep you guys updated... and thanks everyone...

otter.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good luck with the meeting :thumb:
    cheers! :thumb:
    Didn't I read somewhere else in this forum that you were originally banned from getting counselling because they felt you were becoming dependant on it?

What are you actually getting counselling for?
    Didn't I read somewhere else in this forum that you were originally banned from getting counselling because they felt you were becoming dependant on it?
    yes, apparantly. i think i've said before, IMO it was more a problem of seeing the counsellor as a "maternal figure" ... probably from issues relating to my own mum who i never really had a proper relationship with ... thing is, i guess that led to dependance - along with what was going on in my life at the time - ETC ...
    What are you actually getting counselling for?
    in a nutshell:- *deep breath*
    sexual abuse and problems with sex and relationships. :crying:
    and the way my life is (and has been) fucked because of it...

and some specific problems with uni too -
    (i guess i don't really want to go into too much detail - okay?!)

i did write about it before:-
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=73919
    and
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=76120

edited to add: the most honest thing i've ever written:-
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=78098&page=2

Hey, hope the meeting goes well :) I'm at the same uni and I'm still on the waiting list. Any appointment they've offered me clashes with my lectures. Have a feeling I might be waiting a long time, lol.
    you are at staffs uni? - OMG! :)
    Haha, yeah...you go to the Stoke campus?If so we've probably passed each other a few times, lol :)

double post
    yep! gosh... it is a really small world. :yes:
    to cont... or conclude the result of the meeting, here:-
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=78248
    I'm at the University of Sheffield and have to wait about 4 weeks to see someone, quite annoying :chin:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I must've been quite lucky. The counselling service at Edinburgh was fantastic. I could get an appointment within the week if I needed one and the staff were all wonderful.
    Museman wrote:
    I'm at the University of Sheffield and have to wait about 4 weeks to see someone, quite annoying :chin:

Really? Think I chose the right time to start seeing someone, cos I went in quite early on in the semester to make an appointment, and I got an appointment for only a few days later, was really lucky. They've been really good for me though, and for my friends who've been there as well, so hope you find them useful :yes:
    Good luck with the meeting. I hope it goes well :)
    Tates wrote:
    Really? Think I chose the right time to start seeing someone, cos I went in quite early on in the semester to make an appointment, and I got an appointment for only a few days later, was really lucky. They've been really good for me though, and for my friends who've been there as well, so hope you find them useful :yes:

Yeah, I'm really hoping they get a cancellation and can get me in before :(

Last day of term my current appointment is.......... I'm kinda nervous about going, I've been fobbed off and brushed aside by so many doctors who couldn't care less that I worry that whoever I go to see will tell me to get lost. I'm seeing a guy, don't know if that's a good or bad thing, I guess it doesn't really make a difference. I hope they can sort me out anyway :banghead:
    whoever I go to see will tell me to get lost
    they might do.
    but good luck anyway.