Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mothers 4 Justice

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It was like that 20 years ago too. If you want to discuss the reasons behind it (off the top of my head...commodification of sex, advertising, capitalism, low sense of self worth and no opportunities leading people to think that casual sex is a way to self validate etc) then do so. Don't sit there in moral judgement however.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    It was like that 20 years ago too. If you want to discuss the reasons behind it (off the top of my head...commodification of sex, advertising, capitalism, low sense of self worth and no opportunities leading people to think that casual sex is a way to self validate etc) then do so. Don't sit there in moral judgement however.

ffs you say it was like this 20 years ago, and list some sensible reasons...........but then you fail to see the logic that 20 years on these reasons are all status/quo or worse, and the behaviour you see is more widespread as a result..........we are not becoming more conservative we are becoming more liberal, moral values have changed, what was not so acceptable 20 years ago is now common practice, so people push the limits further........i'm not making a moral judgement merely a simple observation.
  • Options
    Errr...sorry, your post makes no sense. I haven't denied that these things don't go on. But the fact remains - getting pissed and shagging is part of being young. Some of that is down to hormones, some down to social/emotional reasons. I'm just objecting to your tone of moral judgement.
  • Options
    I'm sure it wasn't like this when I was eighteen or at least the nightclubs round Lancaster didn't feature loads of young women whipping their tops off at any excuse...

I can remember being a young naive lad from the sticks of Northern Ireland and the feeling of dissapointment I got when I discovered English universities weren't the seats of sexual depravity that I thought they would be... :(
  • Options
    well once again, i think you are an idiot, and vice versa im sure, so we'll leave it at that..........ask mr roll if the average behaviour of youth or accepted morals is the same as 30 years ago, i think he'll tell you different. but you are so wise you must be right on EVERYTHING........
  • Options
    whatever
  • Options
    not having read the whole thread ...when i were a lad ...vandalism didn't exist.
    pissed women in public was a very very rare thing.
    in jail as a teenager ...anyone who had robbed old people would have been lynched.
    when i was in jail years later ...it was the norm.
    standards have not fallen ...they have collapsed.
  • Options
    not having read the whole thread ...when i were a lad ...vandalism didn't exist.
    in jail as a teenager ...anyone who had robbed old people would have been lynched.

yes vagabonds roaming the streets and the like...yes i believe the rebellious youth and standards they have have fallen but there's always been that mad element to society...it's never going ot be perfect...it's just todays youth are a lot more alienated and drugs,parties,short skirts,spray paint are more acceptable and readily available so they take advantage of this...
  • Options

No disrespect, but that's rose tinted bullshit. Read some history about Gin Lane in London (not that I'm saying you're that old! ;) ) or the gangs in Victorian or Edwardian times. More recently, mods and rockers on Brighton beach, teddy boys with flick knives etc.
  • Options
    ginlane.jpg
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hmm... well, it seems both parents have problems now, not just fathers.

Although the Fathers are often the ones who are kicked hardest in situations, Mothers obviously do suffer too.

Wouldn't it be nice if both groups could team up, and make like, Parents For Justice? It seems they are both fighting for the same thing, fairness for parents who break up and still want access to the child.

Hmm, seems a bit reactionary though, with that name.
  • Options
    lets take america pre 1920's ...women were almost never seen drinking in public unless acompanied by a man.
    as soon as booze became ilegal ...it became fashinable for women to be seen drinking in public so yes times have and do change.
    the pictures are lovely blagsta ...but they portray the hoplesness of every major western citys underclass ...not the educated well healed.
  • Options
    Sorry I don't get your point. :confused:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Sorry I don't get your point. :confused:

times change, morals change...........girls whooping their tops off at a whim is one facet of this........you're suggesting that it has always been like this, to the extent it is now.....and if you won't even listen to someone who was around before your time you really are pigheaded. you think you read a few social history books and instantly you are more qualified to make an opinion.........my arse.
  • Options
    Yes I know times change. I've never suggested otherwise. But to suggest that public drunkeness and lewd behaviour is something new, is frankly quite absurd.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    well i think you answered your own question there...i already said it's very convienent this group comes out after fathers4justice...it justs seems like some sort of reaction to fathers4justice instead of having their own agenda...therefore having a snipe at men (or fathers in that case which i should have said sorry)...in certain areas women haven't gained equality i.e work wages but i feel on a more interactive social level...women have the upper hand in a lot cases, i'm proud to be a male, i'm proud of my masculinaty and i feel these days i can't do this...not saying it's because of feminism but there is something underlying society that makes men feel inferior in that respect...ask any young man...i go to an all boys school, most of my mates feel the same...sorry that sounds really bad but it's the only way i can explain what i'm thinking and there's no malice in that statement at all
    Ahhhh I see. I thought you were dissing feminism and all.

Women do have advantages on the occasion, for example it's still seen as wrong for a man to hit a woman, yet a woman can hit a guy and it's not seen as so bad. I think Fathers4justice is a wonderful cause too (Not that it would have ever interested my father, I'm sure men love their kids equally to what women do).
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes I know times change. I've never suggested otherwise. But to suggest that public drunkeness and lewd behaviour is something new, is frankly quite absurd.

oh my god you really don't get it do you......i'm sure there have always been drunks and lewd behaviour on the streets, just they used to be the underclass or a small group of society, now it is very mainstream and widely accepted behaviour........what are you on?........
  • Options
    apollo 69

P.S.
    I'm 14 years older than you. What was that about not listening etc?
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    oh my god you really don't get it do you......i'm sure they have always been drunks on the streets, just they used to be the underclass or a small group of society, now it is very mainstream and widely accepted behaviour........what are you on?........

History proves otherwise I'm afraid. Unless you're saying those Chatham girls are upper class or something?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    P.S.
    I'm 14 years older than you. What was that about not listening etc?

good for you.......i will listen i just can't believe your saying public standards are the same as they have always been........im sure roll is 14 years olders than you, as are my parents........
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    History proves otherwise I'm afraid. Unless you're saying those Chatham girls are upper class or something?

upper, middle, and lower class........the lot of them were at it, class is irrelevant. 20 years ago women would have turned their noses up at this behaviour, some still do.......
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    i just can't believe your saying public standards are the same as they have always been

Yes, 'cos that's exactly what I'm saying isn't it? :rolleyes:

Fucking plank.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    upper, middle, and lower class........the lot of them were at it. 20 years ago women would have turned their noses up at this behaviour, some still do.......

Yes, Chatham, that well known hangout of the upper classes.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes, 'cos that's exactly what I'm saying isn't it? :rolleyes:

wtf are you saying then.......? this getting pissed and shagging has always been so widely done and accepted........that's complete shite.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes, Chatham, that well known hangout of the upper classes.

my point is class is irrelevant, but i notice you edited that out of the post, prick........this behaviour is hardly exclusive to chatham.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    wtf are you saying then.......? this getting pissed and shagging has always been so widely done and accepted........that's complete shite.

You need to learn some history. Things change yes. They go in cycles. At the moment, its a common thing. It was back in 1800's too. It's not new.
    Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, why don't you talk about possible reasons rather being a morally judgemental prick?
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    my point is class is irrelevant, but i notice you edited that out of the post, prick........this behaviour is hardly exclusive to chatham.

Errr...what? It was relevant in this post
    apollo_69 wrote:
    oh my god you really don't get it do you......i'm sure there have always been drunks and lewd behaviour on the streets, just they used to be the underclass or a small group of society, now it is very mainstream and widely accepted behaviour........what are you on?........
  • Options
    so you agree that moral standards and behaviour has dropped since mid 20th century then?...........i'm sure they did lots of other stuff in the 1800's, does that make it ok now cos hey it's all a big cycle?..........i'm not buying that shite. we agree on the reasons.........low sense of self-worth, sex on tv, ads, everywhere you look..........sex is shoved in your face and separated from procreation, i suppose this is how it was in the 1800's? give me a break........
  • Options
    Nice historical analysis there. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Errr...what? It was relevant in this post

are you even listening?......i'm saying class and intellect is irrelevant to the problem today.........it's acceptable, it's normal, so what will be the norm 20 years from now?......truth is when you can't answer the question, you try to take the high ground, mr. well read.......
This discussion has been closed.