Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mothers 4 Justice

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i have two children. carried inside my body for 8 months before i gave birth to them.
    they are as much a part of me as my arms or my legs. i feel that mothers should have more rights to children than fathers. naturally.

:rolleyes: aye dead on :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i have two children. carried inside my body for 8 months before i gave birth to them.
    they are as much a part of me as my arms or my legs. i feel that mothers should have more rights to children than fathers. naturally.

my children dont get cards on their birthdays, i get no finnancial help from him as he signs on and fiddles. but hey, you don't have to be grateful for what you don't have.

How about mothers for justice, an organisation to make fathers take responsibility for there children.

i have never stopped my ex husband or his family from having contact in the past,

fathers for justice is a load of rubbish

Rather than thinking of it from a sexist point of view, as men vs. women, why not think of it as a parent? If you were not allowed to see your children, as a parent, you would be heartbroken. As would any man, just because they have not carried the child doesn't mean it isn't just as great a part of them as it is the mother. Father's for justice wants the courts to stop ignoring the rights of the father to see the child, whats rubbish about that?

And if you were thinking of mentioning deadbeats - yes some fathers really do want nothing to do with their children, but does that mean every person born with an xy chromosome is doomed?

Oh also, this thread is quite old, so we normally don't bring them back up, but you know, healthy debate...
  • Options
    Deadbeat mothers are more likely to keep their kids than normal fathers.

Although you're right, they're all yours. They are in no way to do with the father, it's not like they're his children too or anything :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Would also like to quickly add: most children love both parents equally, well at least I do, I don't favour my mum because she carried me in her womb. The biological thing doesn't necessarily make a parent, if a mum gave up her child at birth for adoption, say, and the child was looked after for 10 years or more by some other parent, then the child would naturally look to the others as their parents not the biological one. If you get what I mean.

Also; takes two to tango, your children wouldn't be there if it wasn't for him.
  • Options

Why? Did you contribute the sperm? Was it an immaculate conception?
    How about mothers for justice, an organisation to make fathers take responsibility for there children.

i have never stopped my ex husband or his family from having contact in the past,

In my opinion fathers for justice is a load of rubbish, but that's mainly because the impression I get of the group through the media is that they are all a load of irresponsible assholes who I wouldn't want anywhere near my kids.

There's no legitimate reason why mums should automatically have more rights over a kid than a dad should.
  • Options
    i feel that mothers should have more rights to children than fathers. naturally.

Why?

How about children for justice, which stops irresponsible adults from having kids in the first place?

Because...?
  • Options
    I think the parent that has been the primary caregiver should continue to have main responsibility for the children in the event of a breakup (If thats what they still want) I think thats what usually happens too tbh. A stay at home dad would be more likely to get custody than a dad that worked all hours. Its to do with disrupting childrens routines as little as possible - damage limitation.
  • Options
    When are parents going to stop blaming each other and start putting all their energy into the child, so mum and dad dont see eye to eye! but in what way does that give mums and dads the right to use their children as a tug of war contest.

i have two step children and two of my own, i never knew either of my parents so i do my damdest to get along for the sake of my children, my ex and i dont like each other all the time, but in front of our son there is no bickering or slagging each other off, nor do we do that when alone with our son as its about him! not wether im better for him or his mother is better for him we are both important to his life, that has to be the issue in hand not scoring brownie points about how to get more publicity.

as for my step children it is important that they have contact with their father, just because their mother and i dont get on with him and he does wrong things we cant stop their relationship because ours dont work out that to me is just plain selfish and parents who deny the absent parent the right should have to give just cause to a court before being allowed to sever ties between PARENT and child.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    good in theory but just seems like another ultra-feminist snipe at men tbh.
    Of course, any women's rights group is obviously a bunch of feminists. Look it up in a dictionary.

Feminism n.
    1. A shaven headed lesbian who thinks she should have the right to vote and to avoid a black eye when the bitch doesn't do the dishes.
    2. A man hater.
    3. Germain Greer.
  • Options
    4. Wears dungarees.
  • Options
    4. Wears dungarees.
    Eh, I got some dungarees... and Caterpillar boots :crying:
  • Options
    MoonRat wrote:
    Of course, any women's rights group is obviously a bunch of feminists. Look it up in a dictionary.

Feminism n.
    1. A shaven headed lesbian who thinks she should have the right to vote and to avoid a black eye when the bitch doesn't do the dishes.
    2. A man hater.
    3. Germain Greer.

:shocking: no offense but i think you take the whole feminist issue far far too seriously...it's not some big conspiracy against women as you might think...and i know what a feminist is thank you...you also seem to think anyone who says something wrong about anything concerning women is a mysoginist...i said it's a good idea in theory but don't you think it's a little convienent that this group comes to existence just after a fathers group called...wait for it...fathers4justice, a group that has got loads of publicity...maybe this group wants the same...i thnk both groups are balls tbh
  • Options
    MoonRat wrote:
    Eh, I got some dungarees... and Caterpillar boots :crying:

Wotcha doing with Caterkiller boots?
    :yuck:
  • Options
    fathers for justice are essentially campaigning for a change in the law that currently allows the women to determine how much contact they get - either by refusing to let dad see child - which if he does it thru the right channels can then take another year to sort out, or by moving away. they go about it the wrong way and it is extreme but it will get results. ALOT of women are bitches about dads rights once they aren't in the relationship anymore.
    the Mothers for justice isnt as well publicised but from reading articles and looking at the thread i think they have a point too.
    the child is the most important thing and parents do sometimes forget that amongst the mud slinging.
  • Options
    4. Wears dungarees.
    5. and an ethnic cap.
  • Options
    They did the feminism thing on page 2 :/ then you do it all over again. :confused:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :shocking: no offense but i think you take the whole feminist issue far far too seriously...
    What issue? Equal rights for women? I was simply commenting on what you wrote, a 'snipe at men'... How so? back that comment up. I agree with your comment, radical feminism it can be misandry yeah... But mothers for justice isn't a snipe at men, why would it be?

And why shouldn't people take what they're passionate about seriously? Would you have said that to Martin Luther King? To Ghandi? Because people who want changes have to be proactive in their own way... Without passion and belief in something society gets nowhere... hence less and less people take votes. It's when we don't rise up with what we believe that things get apathetic... I'm sure you have things you are passionate about... And feminism... Why not take it seriously? Look at the world today and say honestly if you think women have achieved equality (more a comment on feminism rather than the thread).
    you also seem to think anyone who says something wrong about anything concerning women is a mysoginist...

No need to make things personal. Misogyny is hatred towards women... And there's no need to generalise either towards any group? I mean you could say that somebody gets defensive if people say something about black people... It's still a generalisation.

If you'd care to give examples of where I've called somebody a misoginist for saying something about women (if you can find any seeing as you accuse me of doing such) then do say if I've offended you, or anybody on these boards then I appologise, but I think your comment on feminism was unfair and wasn't backed up and isn't too nice to women have in some cases put themselves on the line for the livelihood of other women.

By the way, I support fathers having justice to see their kids.
  • Options
    Mothers for justice is a nonsense because currently women have more power in law than men when it comes to seperating the children women usually come out on top because the law presumes that the women retains the child.

If we want eqality in our society then we should focus on equality for men, aswell as equality for women,
    Just focusing on womens equality is a bad road to go,
    So the law needs to be changed so that both parents are presumed an equal right to thier children.
  • Options
    MoonRat wrote:
    What issue? Equal rights for women? I was simply commenting on what you wrote, a 'snipe at men'... How so? back that comment up. I agree with your comment, radical feminism it can be misandry yeah... But mothers for justice isn't a snipe at men, why would it be?

And why shouldn't people take what they're passionate about seriously? Would you have said that to Martin Luther King? To Ghandi? Because people who want changes have to be proactive in their own way... Without passion and belief in something society gets nowhere... hence less and less people take votes. It's when we don't rise up with what we believe that things get apathetic... I'm sure you have things you are passionate about... And feminism... Why not take it seriously? Look at the world today and say honestly if you think women have achieved equality (more a comment on feminism rather than the thread).

well i think you answered your own question there...i already said it's very convienent this group comes out after fathers4justice...it justs seems like some sort of reaction to fathers4justice instead of having their own agenda...therefore having a snipe at men (or fathers in that case which i should have said sorry)...in certain areas women haven't gained equality i.e work wages but i feel on a more interactive social level...women have the upper hand in a lot cases, i'm proud to be a male, i'm proud of my masculinaty and i feel these days i can't do this...not saying it's because of feminism but there is something underlying society that makes men feel inferior in that respect...ask any young man...i go to an all boys school, most of my mates feel the same...sorry that sounds really bad but it's the only way i can explain what i'm thinking and there's no malice in that statement at all
  • Options
    i have to agree with turlough, masculinity is under-rated these days, the very word seems to have chauvinistic connotations, a dirty word if you will, and femininity is going the same way, to be feminine implicates you are weak and let men walk all over you........i go down the su bar and all i see are bunch of fannies obsessed with sex, drooling at all the short skirts, girls with their tits falling out their top .......this is not what manhood/womanhood is about.........don't forget we are the intellectuals that will be running the nation in 20 years........scares the fuck out of me.
  • Options
    SO if misoginist means men who hate women, whats the word for women who hate men???? Anyone?
  • Options
    Misandrist.
  • Options
    [QUOTE=apollo_69 go down the su bar and all i see are bunch of fannies obsessed with sex, drooling at all the short skirts, girls with their tits falling out their top .......this is not what manhood/womanhood is about.........don't forget we are the intellectuals that will be running the nation in 20 years........scares the fuck out of me.[/QUOTE]

Remember that the majority of students won't be running the nation in 20 years time.

Don't see much of a point in criticising students for drooling over short skirts/having their tits falling out of tops...we're only young once.
  • Options
    Remember that the majority of students won't be running the nation in 20 years time.

Don't see much of a point in criticising students for drooling over short skirts/having their tits falling out of tops...we're only young once.

well you're being pedantic, my point is valid it's not the chavs on the high street who will be running things is it.........

and it's not just students, it's everyone............sure we are entitled to fun while we're young, i just think you have an odd definition of fun.........standing around in a sweaty meat market ogling at 'ladettes' is not mine......sure i like to get pissed and have a laugh now and then, i'm only 20 i wouldn't consider myself boring, but i have my limits, something most young people are lacking these days.......especially in chatham from my experience.
  • Options
    Its always been the same. Young people like to get pissed and shag each other. If you want to talk about the commodification of sex and women in advertising and the media and the influence of that on young people however, be my guest. :)
  • Options
    Its always been the same. Young people like to get pissed and shag each other

Bit of a narrow minded statement that, its not like that everywhere ya know Mr Blagsta.
  • Options
    Obviously there are exceptions, but as a rule, young people like to get pissed and shag.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Obviously there are exceptions, but as a rule, young people like to get pissed and shag.

i'm sorry blagsta, it has not always been this way, in fact in the sticks where i live it is a hell of a lot different than london, like a timewarp in that respect.........50 years ago people were not getting pissed and shagging in the mindless manner of today, and definitely not in the proportions of today.........
    If you want to talk about the commodification of sex

that's exactly what i'm talking about.......you cannot go down the clubs and tell me this is how widespread it was, even 20 years ago.........sure kids are rebellious, but never have we been so obsessed about sex to the point where nothing else matters.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    i'm sorry blagsta, it has not always been this way, in fact in the sticks where i live it is a hell of a lot different than london, like a timewarp in that respect.........50 years ago people were not getting pissed and shagging in the mindless manner of today, and definitely not in the proportions of today.........

I suggest you read some social history.

apollo_69 wrote:
    that's exactly what i'm talking about.......

Well talk about it then.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I suggest you read some social history...........Well talk about it then.

i'm sorry, you are telling me how life is where i live? i don't need a book to know this, thanks for that i didn't know you were omni-present.........

last year went down a normal club in chatham, it was a wet top night and the dj goes ok girls come up and get wet etc...........the amount of girls that rushed onto the stage and just whipped their tops off was the majority of the crowd, i'm talking 40-50 girls, and this is not the free love of the 60's, there is little love involved...........this is not how things have always been.
This discussion has been closed.