Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Met Chief Declares War on The Middle Classes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Canapes and Coke from todays BBC News Magazine.

Interesting class analysis from Sir Ian here, but seems to be just another adaptation of the insane war on drugs.

Anyone have any views on this one? :confused:

personally, while i dont think that this approach in any way, shape or form will have any effect and will probably be open to rampant corruption of police officers to 'turn a blind eye' to those who can afford it, i do think that it has been a long time coming for this 'group' of people (i presume by middle class Sir ian is getting at city professionals) to experience the kind of attention that has been focused on primarily working class (whatever that is now) drug cultures.

Blagsta, you got anything to say on this one? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    The issue is one of visability, middle class users do so quite secrectly, they buy drugs off people they know and use covertly.

They are very difficult to identify and expensive to prosecute.

And anyway, people dont want this, they want those harmful drug abusers taken of the streets, they want the muggers and 'addicts' put away.
  • Options
    "The price of their indulgence "is misery on the streets of London's estates and blood on the roads to Colombia and Afghanistan", he says. "

Thats an interesting view of drug sourcing there, I didnt know cocaine came from Afghanistan, but, well he's the expert isnt he.
  • Options
    Thats an interesting view of drug sourcing there, I didnt know cocaine came from Afghanistan, but, well he's the expert isnt he.

:lol: yup i thought that :lol:

headline grabbing anyone?

oh and Sir Ian might well find himself in the fireing lines of some pretty powerful people....watch this space, for a scandalous fall from grace :D
    And anyway, people dont want this, they want those harmful drug abusers taken of the streets, they want the muggers and 'addicts' put away.
    couldnt agree more :yes: this will sell a few newspapers and not much else...come to think of it...will it? how many media professionals will be in the fireing lines for this one?

Why do in Soho for £100,000 what you could do in Tower Hamlets for beans (figures not accurate obviously :thumb:) :confused::D ?
  • Options
    I can see why he is highlighting the end result for someone's cocaine money, it really is a very un-ethical product, but dragging Afghanistan into it is just wierd.
  • Options
    I wonder if Ethical Consumer Magazine are gonna start rating cartels? :D
  • Options
    The more I learn about the cocaine trade the worse it gets. If you buy some beans you're putting your money into the hands of some fair heavy and nasty people. Buy cocaine and you are funding a horrible civil war.