Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Who said spelling was important?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't ignore this because it looks weird. Believe it or not, you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

:)

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Old. :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    kleefarr wrote:
    Don't ignore this because it looks weird. Believe it or not, you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

:)

So. Old.

However, some people don't seem to believe spelling is important judging by the atrocious spelling that *does* go on.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    JsT wrote:
    Old. :p

Gah, you beat me to it :p
  • Options
    That's at least the 3rd or 4th time i've read about that on here, seen it in email too.

Old.
  • Options
    may as well join in

OLD
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    everyone should understand me then. :)

i think they choose not too bother
  • Options
    im sure someone on here has that as their sig
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    No, because all the letters have to be there and most of the time, you don't have the letters.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:

yes but you dont always just swap two letters in the middle of your words

what you have just typed is very easy to understand, its just when you get angry and you seem to hamfist the keyboard, more of a random experience than anything else