Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Paypal jargon...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okesmokers, I wanted to get hold of an ebay item quite quick, signed up to paypal tonight and purchased the item.

Ok, basically I want to know the following things :

The paypal has all my account details but I haven't set up a direct debit, does this mean the seller we'll still be paid the money it's just that the payment is taken from paypal who then takes it out of my account instead of it directly coming out? Cause...that's what it's implying!

Secondly, I tapped in all the details for the item on the paypal site, after accepting it on ebay(it was Buy Now) and it was added to my basket. The seller has been sent the money from the paypal site, didn't realise that ebay had a button that meant you could do it from their site cause they can link to your paypal details. How do I tell my ebay account that Ive paid for the item?

Thank you for any help!!

Malt xx

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Paypal will send the seller the money and take the amount from the credit/debit card you gave.

Drop the seller an email giving the paypal payment number and they should be bale to confirm it as paid.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yep if it happened seperate from ebay it's down to the seller to mark the item as paid. They will have been sent an invoice with the details of the payment though which should make it clear what you paid for.