Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

so many newbies, so little time.

Is it just me, or do we have a LOT of newbies all of a sudden? More than we usually get at any given time. I keep seeing a lot of posts in the sex and relationships forums that make me suspicious that theyre not real. Im not saying theyre definitely not real, just wondering what others think. Is the site advertising more lately, which would account for more people finding the site, or maybe its just coincidence? Has another site closed which has led to people migrating here?
Maybe im just imagining it?
sylvester.gif
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Is it just me, or do we have a LOT of newbies all of a sudden? More than we usually get at any given time. I keep seeing a lot of posts in the sex and relationships forums that make me suspicious that theyre not real. Im not saying theyre definitely not real, just wondering what others think. Is the site advertising more lately, which would account for more people finding the site, or maybe its just coincidence? Has another site closed which has led to people migrating here?
    Maybe im just imagining it?
    sylvester.gif

See, I was thinking that too. Most of them seem kosher but there are a lot that are just trolling methinks.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can only keep about 5 names in my head, so to me most of you are newbies.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

shut up nub!
  • Options
    See, I was thinking that too. Most of them seem kosher but there are a lot that are just trolling methinks.

We havent had one of those funny trolls in a while. You know, the ones that are obviously trolling but give you a laugh.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    It's the old age :razz:
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    We havent had one of those funny trolls in a while. You know, the ones that are obviously trolling but give you a laugh.

yes they were a good laugh for a nite cos they took the piss out of us and they were banned the next day so we saw the back of them after a nite of light comedy.
  • Options
    I actually noticed that as well. Starting to lose track on who's, who now.
    But will they stick around for long?!
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    It's the old age :razz:

What?! You're not my grandson!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Jazza wrote:

Fat_Mike was the funniest troll I can remember.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Has another site closed which has led to people migrating here? Maybe im just imagining it?
    These bloody immigrants, coming in here, taking our threads....
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    These bloody immigrants, coming in here, taking our threads....

too rights, damn bloody welsh immigrants :p
  • Options
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    too rights, damn bloody welsh immigrants :p
    You bloody Irish, coming over here, taking our threads and seducing our women... :p
  • Options
    newbies

i'm irish, welsh, and, even worse, american! afraid you are stuck with me for quite some time! glad to be here! :wave:
    loki
  • Options
    loki wrote:
    i'm irish, welsh, and, even worse, american! afraid you are stuck with me for quite some time! glad to be here! :wave: loki
    Welcome along, but how can you be three nationalities at once? :eek2:
    (and being Welsh is no bad thing in my book. Or Irish, really.)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Welcome along, but how can you be three nationalities at once? :eek2:
    I have a cousin-in-law who's Greek, English and French... It's certainly possible.
  • Options
    loki wrote:
    i'm irish, welsh, and, even worse, american! afraid you are stuck with me for quite some time! glad to be here! :wave:
    loki

oh no, not another one of those my great great great great great grannies cousin's sister-in-law came over here during the great famine so that makes me 1/3 irish type of american, is it???
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

pity about being an american, nah, most americans get a bad rap, i reckon most are genuine sound people but the politics gives them a bad name.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    pity about being an american, nah, most americans get a bad rap, i reckon most are genuine sound people but the politics gives them a bad name.
    Polotics indeed! It's the voting that makes them idiots! That's the polotics!
  • Options
    newbies

grandparents, actually. spoke gaelic, in fact.

sorry about the politics. like a good irishman, voted for kerry!
  • Options
    kinda unfair, when i went to florida there were far friendlier than any other nationality of people i've ever met, except italians.

only thing wrong with em is the waist size :|:|
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Thesite's been doing a shit load of advertising which can only be a good thing.

I miss Fat_Mike :(
  • Options
    there has been alot of advertising. the site was also used as a project at various uni's across the country where students were encouraged to survey lots of people's oppinions on it - thus people who had never heard of it before became aware.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    dnfnoob.gif
    :)
  • Options
    O_o wrote:
    kinda unfair, when i went to florida there were far friendlier than any other nationality of people i've ever met, except italians.
    Italians, friendly? Most I met wouldn't even speak to you if you don't know their language!
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Zalbor wrote:
    Italians, friendly? Most I met wouldn't even speak to you if you don't know their language!
    maybe its because your greek :p
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    maybe its because your greek :p
    Nah.
  • Options
    Is the site advertising more lately, which would account for more people finding the site, or maybe its just coincidence? QUOTE]

Since the relaunch we have been giving TheSite a much bigger push (we're pretty proud of it now, see). Last week we officially launched askTheSite with a posh event at the Houses of Parliament and got lots of press coverage off the back of it. We of course want as many people as possible to find us and get the best information and advice they can - we are a charity after all.
    :yeees:
  • Options
    spanner wrote:
    Since the relaunch we have been giving TheSite a much bigger push (we're pretty proud of it now, see). Last week we officially launched askTheSite with a posh event at the Houses of Parliament and got lots of press coverage off the back of it.
    Really? That's strange, I check numerous media outlets and didn't see a thing about this.
  • Options
    doesnt matter if you did or not, its the people who did see it andwondered what it was, came in and either gotscared off orloved the place

stargalaxy is allready here