Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Portfolios

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
not really sure where this should go....so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I'm trying to get together a portfolio of work together, but i'm not all that sure what to put in it....

I'm doing another demo tape with about 6 songs

Plus i've got my first song that i've composed from scratch complete with notation and lyrics.

but what else would be good?

I'm doing a City & guilds 1820 soundengineering course, and working towards grade 6/8 singing, along with grade 4 guitar...and grade 5 Music theory....along with grades 2&3 of music theatre that i've already done...

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    What is it for?
  • Options
    Trying to get some work.....or getting accepted on a course.....but more for work, i don't think i'll need to do all that much more training after this course...
  • Options
    Don't overload it with stuff, keep it simple but interesting, tell them about your self but not a life story, just enough for them to want to know more about you. Tell them what you do and what you hope to achive. Add a discography of your own work and remixes (if any), add some artwork that you'd actaully want someone to study for a minute, I don't mean anything weird or obscure so they ain't got a clue what it is.

Simple yet catchy is often a winner. I love a clean minimal type of art or a contemporary type of thing.

What sort of music have you composed?