Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Problem - Missing the solution

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if anyone remembers but some time ago I complained that my MSN wouldn't log me in. And that hotmail wasn't functioning for me.
Only way I could get around it was to use an Opera browser whenever I want to check Hotmail, and to use e-msn, when logging on msn. Deeply annoying.

Now, I figured out that the problem occurs whenever I go to sites which are "overly protected" and who need a username and password or stuff like that. I can get in to thesite, but I couldn't get in to the UCAS site when it required a log on (same was with Hotmail. Could get in to www.hotmail.com, but nothing more). This pattern has continued through several sites, and I was wondering if it was a setting in the browser of some sort which I have accidently messed with?

Anyone care to help? :(

P.S. I use Internet Explorer

Comments

• Options
    Go to the tools menu in internet explorer, look at options and check the security settings in the tabs to make sure cookies are accepted, then also look at some of the advanced settings - I think there might be one that refuses cookies automatically - also try deleting temp internet files
  • Options
    Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy

You can play about with cookie settings here.

My IE is set to medium here. Click on advnaced and untick the option here as well.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Nope, no luck :(
  • Options
    You could have some error with i.e., if it really bothers you to make sure everythings clean you could get hijackthis, go over to www.techsupportforums.com and post in their security/hjt forum with the log, then they'll tell you how to fix most errors / spyware in your system like that. Rather good place.

You could always try firefox? :p