Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ripping Video to make .gif

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is possibly isnt it? Im sure it will be.

Anyway, i made my own Home movie edited it on the pc and added a bit of music to it, made 2 actually but they are like HUGE in size so dificult to transfer, takes an age to do, what i had in mind was to capture part of each of the 2 clips and make them into a small .gif file and animate them, or just make them into a smaller piece of the overall video, but i dunno how to go about capturing such a thing and them how to edit it.

Would i capture say part of the video i wanted and import it into editing software and link them together ? Can someone who knows more than i do about this stuff explain it please and if you have any hints / tips plz give em to me :p

Thank you :)

ETA : i found a link mentioning about being able to convert a dvd capture to animated gifs, this sound slike what i want to do but not from a dvd rather wha ti made, saved in .AVI / qiicktime or WMV

Comments

• Options
    If I want to do something like that, I will open AnimationShop & my DVD or what ever it is in PowerDVD and use the screen capture tool to capture each frame I want to use. Then in AnimationShop I'd just paste each frame into AnimationShop.

You'll have to take one still and paste them in one at a time and alter the speed at which they play. The result should be something like I done a below a little while back...

jackass.gif

Or

skate.gif
  • Options
    What capture tool do you use Felix?
  • Options
    The one in PowerDVD. The little camera icon on the player.
  • Options
    I gave try, using the camera icon to capture a frame, but it takes forever trying to get the sequence you want doesnt it ? to get what i wanted i had to capture then pause then play capture pause etc.... surely a better method exists :/