Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Laptops

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the best make thats out at the mo, and isnt majorly expensive? (i know they are gonna be expensive to some degree).
Ive seen a few, but im not sure whats good and whats not, so any help would be appreciated, thanks :D

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What do you need it for/want it to do?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    What do you need it for/want it to do?

    mainly for college work, but want a few games on it too :yes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    1) Celery processors - Nowhere near as fast as P4s or Semprons.
    2) 30GB hard drive - Formats to 28GB, and some of that will be taken up by the restore partition. You'll effectively get about 20GB.
    3) 256MB RAM - Barely enough to run WXP.
    4) Integrated graphics - Say goodbye to 32 or 64 megs of your 256 memory.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mist wrote:
    I'll just say that we've had strange support calls from people with dell laptops
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Monserrat wrote:
    1) Celery processors - Nowhere near as fast as P4s or Semprons.
    2) 30GB hard drive - Formats to 28GB, and some of that will be taken up by the restore partition. You'll effectively get about 20GB.
    3) 256MB RAM - Barely enough to run WXP.
    4) Integrated graphics - Say goodbye to 32 or 64 megs of your 256 memory.


    Aye, but it's cheap :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *TiNK* wrote:
    Whats the best make thats out at the mo, and isnt majorly expensive? (i know they are gonna be expensive to some degree).
    Ive seen a few, but im not sure whats good and whats not, so any help would be appreciated, thanks :D


    www.walmart.com

    the amount you save could pay for the flights!!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would seriously think about this one for £670. It's the Acer 1362. I've used one of these myself and it is faster than n Intel Centrino.

    - Geforce FX 5200 with 64MB of NON-INTEGRATED GAY memory
    - 512MB of normal DDR memory
    - Sempron 2800
    - 15.4" TFT
    - Soundblaster Pro (not Realtek AC97!!)
    - 56gay / LAN / wireless
    - Usual USB 2.0 and shiznit
Sign In or Register to comment.