Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Injections for Egypt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone know where i can find out online, what injections i need to go to egypt in march, and wether i can have them? Thanks :)
eta: ive searched but its not coming up with the right things.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ring up your doctors and ask :yes:

they should be able to tell you over the phone, or tell you how to find out.
  • Options
    Aren't you preggies? Be very careful!!
  • Options
    Nichobo wrote:
    Aren't you preggies? Be very careful!!

:yes: thats why im asking.
  • Options
    Have you planning this trip for long? Maybe you should go somewhere with a little less risk healthwise...
    Don't really know what those risks would be but...
  • Options
    Nichobo wrote:
    Have you planning this trip for long? Maybe you should go somewhere with a little less risk healthwise...
    Don't really know what those risks would be but...

Its been booked since last year, i dont want to not go.
  • Options
    I had a look, I couldnt find the injections you need, but there is this information from the FO you might want to read;

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029390590&a=KCountryAdvice&aid=1013618385875
  • Options
    Here's a link, but you will need to discuss this with your GP if you're pregnant.
  • Options
    How are you traveling to Egypyt? Is it part of a package deal? Are you going in a group?

I ask because Egypt can be a fairling daunting place to travel to. I don't know how much experience you have, but the culture there is very different. people can come across as fairly aggressive when they see rich westerners.

When we arrived there, customs was a complete shambles, someone basically took us through very quickly, but after that they tried to get us into a taxi, and one of the toursit police came over and told us not to get in to the taxi. he was basically gonna drive us off to his hotel and force us to stay there, and we would have been stuck int he middle of nowhere otherwise.

So yeah, be careful.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    How are you traveling to Egypyt? Is it part of a package deal? Are you going in a group?

I ask because Egypt can be a fairling daunting place to travel to. I don't know how much experience you have, but the culture there is very different. people can come across as fairly aggressive when they see rich westerners.

When we arrived there, customs was a complete shambles, someone basically took us through very quickly, but after that they tried to get us into a taxi, and one of the toursit police came over and told us not to get in to the taxi. he was basically gonna drive us off to his hotel and force us to stay there, and we would have been stuck int he middle of nowhere otherwise.

So yeah, be careful.

omg :nervous:

im not sure how we're doing it, i'l find out later.
  • Options
    I've been to Egypt 6 times and had a great time, always had a trouble free time, I've travelled with both tour companies and independently. Make sure your passport is valid for 6 months after your return and you get a visa, it is cheaper to get them at the airport in egypt but you can't guarantee getting one.

The injections you will need are:

Tetanus needs to be up to date
    Hepatitis A
    Typhoid

Dependent on where your traveliing you may need maleria tablets (i didn't) your doctors surgery would beable to tell you.

If you go to Cairo u must go round the pryamids on a camel its amazing, but watch out they can try and rip you off. If you are further down the country in somewhere like Luxor make sure you go to Karnak temple light and sound show in the evening, also try a falouka ride (sailing boat) on the nile at sunset, its lovely.

A good rule of bartering with the locals is to quarter what they are asking and add a little more then end up meeting them no more than half way, anything above that is too much, don't go below this as they may find it insulting and walk away.

Hope you have a great time and be careful.

:):):)
  • Options

We are going to Cairo :yes: *is excited*
  • Options
    *TiNK* wrote:
    Its been booked since last year, i dont want to not go.

I'd recommend speaking with your GP about it. Last year a woman at our surgery was advised against safari (which I imagine is as exotic disease wise as Egypt). If you're advised not to go you can always claim on your insurance and get your money back.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    I'd recommend speaking with your GP about it. Last year a woman at our surgery was advised against safari (which I imagine is as exotic disease wise as Egypt). If you're advised not to go you can always claim on your insurance and get your money back.

I don't think Tink's parents know shes pregnant though, and it would be a bit difficult to just 'not go' if you get what i mean.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    I don't think Tink's parents know shes pregnant though, and it would be a bit difficult to just 'not go' if you get what i mean.

they're going to have to find out sooner or later, and if sooner means not endangering the health of the baby, then that's a good thing. if her GP's happy for her to go, it's all good, but it's probably a good idea to at least check. when you start making babies, you start having to forget about what you want.
  • Options
    No they dont know, sooo things are difficult at the mo. Im waiting for my scan date through, having that, then going to the docs to see what they say wether its ok etc, the nurse didnt seem to bothered though when i found out about the baby soo hopefully *fingers crossed*