Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Just something random

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello, just wanted to start some random fact gathering. In my lectures I was told the Nazis actually invented, or started the production of Fanta! Coke had strong ties with the Nazi party and supplied them with their products. When war came the supply line was cut to America and the goods to make coke could not be shipped. The Nazis took the ingredients they could get hold of and heypresto Fanta was born! This got me wondering about the other random wonders of the world so please share your knowledge. You never know what you might be asked if you get on who wants to be a millionaire.

Comments

• Options
    They tried to make Coke and ended up with Fanta?

No wonder they lost the bloomin' war.
  • Options
    murf wrote:
    Hello, just wanted to start some random fact gathering. In my lectures I was told the Nazis actually invented, or started the production of Fanta! Coke had strong ties with the Nazi party and supplied them with their products. When war came the supply line was cut to America and the goods to make coke could not be shipped. The Nazis took the ingredients they could get hold of and heypresto Fanta was born! This got me wondering about the other random wonders of the world so please share your knowledge. You never know what you might be asked if you get on who wants to be a millionaire.

Coke used to contain real cocaine

And it has cabbages in it.
  • Options
  • Options
    *Tries to imagine a Volkswagen Beetle full of Fanta guzzling Nazis* Afterall, the Beetle was a result of the Second World War, and the Nazi's too. :D