Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fool Around With... TV hits all time low.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I caught sight of this for the first time last night on E4 although apparently it is the second series. I could NOT believe my eyes. This is seriously the bottom of the barrel for reality television and I can't believe people put themselves up for this. Is there NOTHING some people won't do for money and/or the chance to get on tv? I thought Temptation Island was bad but this takes the cake.

Two words spring to mind. "Morally" and "bankrupt".

Just in case anyone doesn't know what the programme is about, this is a quote from Digital Spy,

"The show features one single living in a house with four members of the opposite (or same) sex for a week. All four contestants claim to be single, but only one of them is telling the truth. The suitor has to figure out who the true single is; guessing correctly earns the pair a £10,000 cash prize. If the suitor picks incorrectly, the couple walk away with the cash. In a further twist, the partners are living next door, watching everything that happens."
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I remember seeing an episode of the first series and these 4 girls had sent their mothers to live in the house with a single guy and the Mums had to flirt and go on dates with the single guy to try and persuade him to date their daughter!

:yuck:
  • Options
    These people have no shame! They are either in really shitty,we don't care about each other realationships or they are just fucked in the head. Lowest of the low.
  • Options
    the Mums had to flirt and go on dates with the single guy to try and persuade him to date their daughter!

Last night was a million times worse than that.
  • Options
    I've seen it advertised loads but i've never actually sat down to watch it. The whole idea just looks a bit crap and naff, so like do they all actually sleep with each other or what :eek2: I guess it seems slightly sordid.

Annd i wouldn't let any partner of mine go on a show like that, no way!
  • Options
    I can't say i've seen much of it, but it doesn't look great. Although however bad channel 4's programmes are, they will never be anywhere near as naff as ITV's programmes. Some of them sicken me.
  • Options
    Silverberg wrote:
    I can't say i've seen much of it, but it doesn't look great. Although however bad channel 4's programmes are, they will never be anywhere near as naff as ITV's programmes. Some of them sicken me.

I'm finding it hard to think of any programme on ITV that sickens me like this one did. Which ones do you mean Silverberg?
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    so like do they all actually sleep with each other or what :eek2: I guess it seems slightly sordid.

Well that's what was happening, yes, I guess they don't have to, depends how desparate they are to try and win £10,000 really. Sad that people will stoop so low.