Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

idiots guide to avs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can someone please help me get a cool av?

i know nowt about computers so it needs to be put really simply

Comments

• Options
    Is it still limited to 60x60 pixels, because I've seen quite a few banner-length avatars.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Monserrat wrote:
    Is it still limited to 60x60 pixels, because I've seen quite a few banner-length avatars.

Nope, I think it is 400x60 now.
  • Options
    yeah i read that thread but it didnt help. dont even know how to get them onto my computer in the first place. got a mate to do it in the end but still non the wiser!
  • Options
    yeah i read that thread but it didnt help. dont even know how to get them onto my computer in the first place. got a mate to do it in the end but still non the wiser!
    If there are no pictures on your computer, make your own. All my AVs are made by myself, which guarantees that no one else will have them.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    If there are no pictures on your computer, make your own. All my AVs are made by myself, which guarantees that no one else will have them.

The only thing with this is if you aren't very good with computers, like the person in question said, it might not be very easy. i agree with making your own if you can though-mine is home made.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

sorry i cant do that either!"
  • Options
    Do a search on google or something, find the one you want. With your mouse, press the right mouse button over the picture. Then click on save picture as.

After you have done that come back here, attach the pic to a post & as someone to re-size it for you.
  • Options
    could someone explain how do i resize a picture???????????please
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    omfg... use paint tbh ;<
  • Options
    sorry i cant do that either!"

PM Star nicelty tell him what your after and you never know when he has 5 mins spare he migh just find you sommat ;)
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Do a search on google or something, find the one you want. With your mouse, press the right mouse button over the picture. Then click on save picture as.

After you have done that come back here, attach the pic to a post & as someone to re-size it for you.

I usually do this but just upload one thats the right size already.

But then I'm dead lazy like that. :thumb: