Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Gym with a cold?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is it good or bad. I feel too tired and am breaking my routine (I'm in seconda day of it!). So what is the general rule of thumb regarding various bugs-be it a sickie bug, a cold type one or other?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If your temperature is normal then exercise is often beneficial. Distance running usually improves coughs and colds, not so sure about the sedentary gym activities though...
  • Options
    Gym with a cold?

Bad idea. If your sick stay at home and relax. ;)
  • Options
    as above, don't bother as it'll most likely string it out for longer. you're at your weakest recovering after exercise...

i should know, i wouldn't stay inside when i had a chest infection, still have the remains since christmas. don't follow advice at your own peril.
  • Options
    No I haven't ben and still got the stuffed nose-means I;m out of breath when I eat-let alone flippin running! I was being careful as the past few colds have gone on my chest and I've had to use an inhaler-so thanks for letting me know-I did read the replies but never actually replied til now! Blame the cold medicine!