Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

MP3 player vs Minidisc

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm thinking of buying a player and wondering what is better for sound quality. Has anybody used both, if so whats your opinion?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah mp3 players win for me aswell, just remeber to get one with enough memory for your current/future music collection
  • Options
    I would say that MP3 vs minidisc have different roles. You can't really compare.

If you want to make recordings, then it's minidisc time. I go a various music workshops, so minidisc is mandatory for me. Also, you can use a stereo microphone with it.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    On sound quality, it's like BritJames said. Generally, I chose an MD because I prefer choosing a disk to play than searching through a possibly huge list of songs to find the one I want to hear.
  • Options
    I'd say mp3 players. not necessarily just on sound, but on ease of use too. and it means no storage space required - don't need any storage like you would with minidiscs! you can buy some now that you can use external microphones with too. One thing I would advise is don't get an apple ipod!! Go for something else like an iriver..much more reliable and better sound quality.
  • Options
    cheers guys, i'm swaying towards mp3 on the ease of use as I do find it a pain carrying cd's around.
  • Options
    What MP3 player where you thinking off? I heard that Apple iPods where scarily over priced considering you can get a similar player for almost £100 less.
  • Options
    What MP3 player where you thinking off? I heard that Apple iPods where scarily over priced considering you can get a similar player for almost £100 less.

Haven't a clue at the moment as I pay very little attention to new technology until I want to buy. I'm trying to give myself a crash course in MP3 at the moment.

All I want to do is to play music when I'm walking and in the gym and not have to change batteries every two hours. My cd player skips too much so I'm having to drag myself into the 21st century now.

Any tips, much obliged, cause I haven't a scooby :confused: