Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need urgent help with herpes!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been with my girlfriend for nearly two years.
She's on the pill and we don't use condoms.
Neither of us had any problems STD/STIs before.
On thursday it was her birthday and i was giving her a "birthday treat"....
Basically going down on her and fingering her (i normally keep my fingernails short but may have got carried away and scratched her inside or maybe caused some damage). Also messing about with champagne which she got on her crotch area (which made it sting cos she shaved her pubes earlier that day and had a bit of a shaving rash). We had vaginal sex later on in the day as well
She was a little sore the next day (friday). We had vaginal sex friday night as well, she said it was slightly uncomfortable to start with, but once we got going she was enjoying it. The soreness got worse on saturday, but since we planned going out to celebrate her birthday we went out anyway and she got quite drunk. On sunday she got a temperature and was feeling sick (so i thought it was just a hangover) but by sunday night she developed and awful rash down there and was in pain. I thought it was just champagne on the shaving rash that caused it. She insisted on going to doctors, and since it was sunday night i had to take her to A&E. They didn't help much, took blood pressure/pulse/temperature. Took a urine test, which tested negative for pregnancy. She said it really hurts to pee and the nurse said it looks like herpes, go visit GUM clinic. She couldn't sleep last night, was crying in agony. Tried taking a salty lukewarm bath as recommended, but that made it worse.
She's been taking paracetamol and ibuprofen all day today, can't walk or pee without severe pain. She's all swollen and sore and got blisters and ulcers down there.
I took a day off today and took her to GUM clinic (had to use wheelchair cos she can't walk). The doctor said it looks like herpes, gave her cream and tablets and said to carry on with painkillers. We came back home, she's been taking the anti-virus tablets, putting the cream on, taking more painkillers.
She can't sleep, can't lie down, can't pee, feeling sick. Getting really stressed and exhausted through pain, screaming and crying as the painkillers don't seem to be taking any effect (and she already exceeded the daily maximum). She can't find a position where she's comfortable at to relax and go to sleep.
I've been reading about herpes and it said anyone can have it without knowing it and the virus can outbreak for a variety of reasons (run down/stress/friction from sex or tight clothes/lowered immune system (we were out for a meal on thursday and out on saturday and it was cold both nights and now she's got swollen glans and temperature as well....so everything put together gave her this)
i know it's supposed to be painful, but anyone who's had it, can you please share your experiences. Because it seems to be worse than what it's supposed to be from reading leaflets from GUM clinic and researching on the internet.
She's literally sweating, screaming, crying sobbing, gritting her teeth in severe pain and nothing is helping.
I'm sorry that i've gone on for so long (thought might as well tell everything), but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    From what you describe, she could have an infection, but it seems like you've had pretty thorough investigations at A&E and GUM.

Maybe she can see her GP tomorrow.
  • Options
    When we were at the GUM clinic all they did is took a swab test from one of the ulcers on the outside. They're supposed to do a few other things, but because she was in severe pain, they didn't use a speculum to look inside and take swabs from inside. It was a quick external examination. I'm worried if there's something inside that's causing her more pain that the ulcers on the outside...
  • Options
    It's best to choose one forum to post in and keep it there to avoid confusion, so I'm going to close this thread. Here's the link to the same post on the sex boards.
This discussion has been closed.