Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Giving up Coke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I've made it a week so far then l give up and do some more!!
Anyone got any advice how to get over that craving after a week off it?

Comments

• Options
    You could try one of the drugs helplines - link on the left side of the page.

We also have a general article about addiction here that may help: http://www.thesite.org/drugs/safety/drug_safety__breaking_free.html
  • Options
    i know its hard, i've been there myself and i still enjoy the odd line now and again but just not all the time and its better that way coz you can enjoy the buzz more if its only an occasional thing.I stayed away from the people i did coke with for a while and see if that helps.It is so hard and you need alot of will power, but try not to feel down about yourself if you have a relapse,coz its more than likely you will.(sorry,just being realistic)

Good Luck Lyndz

Lou x
  • Options
    Congratulations on making it a week! I myself used to do a lot of coke. It took a serious incident to make me realize that I was heading for nothing but trouble if I didn't clean up. It wasn't easy. But, distancing myself from those that would do coke and other drugs really helped me stay strong. Also, if you can, find a hobby or something else to do to occupy your time. And if you feel yourself wanting to relapse, do your hobby! Try to stay focused on the positive things that can come from being clean. I know it's all easier said than done, but it is possible. Perhaps consider therapy or support groups for people with addictions. Being around others that are in your situation and trying to overcome their problem might help you overcome yours. Also, being around others who share your addiction might not leave you feeling alone and isolated with this issue. I really hope for the best for you.
  • Options
    Well done for staying clean for a week i know how hard it is. I was addicted to Heroin for nearly 3 years but i've been clean now for 8 months. It can be done! You just need willpower.Well i suppose you need more than that but you CAN do it. I recommend joining some sort of drug service so you can talk to people who know what you're going through. It makes such a difference when you realise that people understand what you are going through and you offer each other more support than you could ever imagine. Good luck Lynz
  • Options
    hi there

i guess this means i'm week but every time i have a row with my bf all my good intentions go and i end up staying up doing coke and am crap at work the next day. and it does'nt make things any better!
  • Options
    I really feel for you right now in giving up believe me I didn't want to give drugs up but I had to because it was getting to expensive. I did cocaine quite lot of times with friends but the most thing I got addictive to is Herion ((smack)) that was the worse I pracitally nearly lost all of my friends luckly my boyfriend James helped me though it I was kicking swearing u name it trying to get it. I still get bad pains now if I can do it anybody can.

love&support always
    Dilx