Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The BNP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone tell me the name of the fat, wonkey eyed BNP man who's standing in W Yorkshire?

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I cant think of his name, but I can tell you hes a complete twat.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nick Griffin is standing in Keighley

griffin372.jpg

Is that who you mean?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Nick Griffin is standing in Keighley

griffin372.jpg

Is that who you mean?
    Thats the cunt.
    Fat, grotesque piece of filth.
    Fat, grotesque piece of filth.

You fattist bastard.
    Never been sure about Griffin to be honest, very intelligent man, know hes got a law degree from Cambridge I think it is.

Never heard any direct racism from his mouth but its probably there as he's been in nationalist politics for 20 years now.

Think he started out as Conservative in his younger days.

He stood in Royton in 2001 and polled nearly 7,000 votes coming 2nd
    He's not just on the politics front, i can't remember where i've read it so sorry for lack of evidence, but i'm fairly sure his house was firebombed in a backlash over something he'd done.
    well the interview is here following him being filmed for the bbc documentary

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/3901631.stm

this also led to him being charged for inciting racial hatred
    I don't think he has been charged yet- he was arrested on 14th Dec and shown hours of his speeches (hee hee) and has to report back on March 2nd.

This article has a little dig into what the arrest is all about.

A few interesting bits worth highlighting:
    I got interested in this case after writing an article for the Sunday Times about Blunkett’s proposed law prohibiting people from inciting religious hatred. This is part of the new Serious and Organised Crime and Police Bill, unveiled in the Queen’s Speech. According to Blunkett, it is intended to protect ‘individuals’ rather than ‘ideology’ — but this is a meaningless and disingenuous statement. It’s actually to stop you dissing Islam, full stop. I tried to find out from the Home Office what would constitute an offence under the new Act and nobody could tell me: they haven’t got a clue. I asked loads of times. And then, on 8 December, a Home Office press officer said to me the following:

‘It’s all about context. If you wrote something in your column about Islam, the Crown Prosecution Service might not be interested, but if the same thing was said by Nick Griffin in a pub in Bradford, they might well be.’
    And there is the broader, more general philosophical point: as an indirect result of the War on Terror, our freedom to say what we believe is being swiftly eroded. It’s not just the Muslims who want people silenced or banged up: the Sikhs have been getting in on the act too, forcing a play which was critical of their religion to close. On the day it closed the Sikhs got support from a particularly fatuous spokesman for the Archbishop of Birmingham. He said that people should be free to criticise religion if they did so ‘responsibly’. What a pompous ass. Surely it would be better if God, rather than the West Yorkshire police or the Sikhs or Muslim community leaders, decided what constituted responsible criticism — and delivered His terrible judgment in that black nanosecond after we have drawn our terminal breath. Otherwise the law courts are going to be full for a while to come.

We live in interesting times.......
    sloth.jpg

look familiar???? :D
    J wrote:
    Looks like he's been through hell a few times...

With a few more to come...

@ WhoWhere - "You Guys"
    Tommo100 wrote:
    Never been sure about Griffin to be honest, very intelligent man, know hes got a law degree from Cambridge I think it is.

Never heard any direct racism from his mouth but its probably there as he's been in nationalist politics for 20 years now.

Think he started out as Conservative in his younger days.

He stood in Royton in 2001 and polled nearly 7,000 votes coming 2nd

Griffin is a fairly intelligent guy...Law degree from Cambridge...just so happens his world view is controversial. He's entitled to his say imho.

As for direct racism...what with the race laws, he keeps it fairly under wraps. His prodecessor John Tyndall on the other hand... :eek:
    Spliffie wrote:
    As for direct racism...what with the race laws, he keeps it fairly under wraps.

I don't know what's more odious, the man who espouses views no matter how offensive, or the man who hides his offensive views under a veil of acceptability...

Either way the views are the same.

IMHO Nick Griffin is an odious liitle creep who uses misinformation and lies to misrepresent reality so that it will conform to his twisted view of life. That he indoctrinates his children with the same views just makes things worse. Those poor kids never stand a chance...
    He should still be allowed to say what he says though. Just as racists like Doreen Lawrence should be allowed to too.
    Why do you think Doreen Lawrence is racist?
    its true that he should be alowed to voice his opinion as that is what the market place of ideas is all about. But as far as I can tell this sick bastard is the leader of an organization responcible of numerous hate crimes (encouraged by him perhaps?). Its not that he has a political agenda that most would love to shit on, its the fact that in addition to a political agenda the fascists have a physical agenda which must be dealt with dirrectly.

I mean seriously there is a limit to freedom of expresion, and when it is crossed neo-nazis start blowing up the Oklahoma Federal buildings here in the states.
    its true that he should be alowed to voice his opinion as that is what the market place of ideas is all about. But as far as I can tell this sick bastard is the leader of an organization responcible of numerous hate crimes (encouraged by him perhaps?). Its not that he has a political agenda that most would love to shit on, its the fact that in addition to a political agenda the fascists have a physical agenda which must be dealt with dirrectly.

I mean seriously there is a limit to freedom of expresion, and when it is crossed neo-nazis start blowing up the Oklahoma Federal buildings here in the states.

I don't think the BNP are comparable to people such as timothy mcveigh or the nazi groups you have over there...there's fuck all real right-wing groups these days who could carry out anything of note...the likes of C18 no longer exist.

Also they don't have a "physical agenda" - all the shit was given up by the mid-90's.

They aren't what you'd term a dangerous political group...just a small party with aims that contradict, for the most part, progressive politics.
    If you want to know what core BNP supporters really think, have a read of stormfront.org it ain't pretty.
    Blagsta wrote:
    If you want to know what core BNP supporters really think, have a read of stormfront.org it ain't pretty.

Aye, but my point is, they ain't some kind of militant organisation who are posing a serious threat to national security.

They're committed to going about promoting themselves politically & legally - which, in the spirit of democracy & freedom - there can't be much of a problem.

Far too often, people rave on about the BNP without acting trying to debunk their policies...and it just gets boring. It's a form of knee-jerk reaction really.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Also they don't have a "physical agenda" - all the shit was given up by the mid-90's.

not that I follow the news over there very closely but didn't a bunch of BNP scum beat the hell out of an asian kid over in the Eastern end of London back in 1997?

and even if they have made a show of giving up race attacks that doesn't mean that they have. You can never trust a fascist, and you most certainly can never trust a racist.
    not that I follow the news over there very closely but didn't a bunch of BNP scum beat the hell out of an asian kid over in the Eastern end of London back in 1997?

i laughed really loud at that for some reason

anyway, yes, racist attacks happen all the time, we're quite notorious for it but it's not highly organised, usually a group of people from the estate who get together to give a beating or smash a few windows and cars, the political climate has changed recently, the hatred is still there but it's confined to their wee pub discussions, i seriously doubt any oklahoma-esque type bombings are being planned to be honest with you.
    meh, I was merely using Oklahoma as an example of an extreme. But like I said, nazis will never give up their violent agenda even if they do managed to improve their image.
    Spliffie wrote:
    the likes of C18 no longer exist..

Really? I think they might disagree.
    Kermit wrote:
    He should still be allowed to say what he says though.

Absolutley. Best way of dealing with moronic viewpoints is to dismiss them publically. Momentum will only come through the underground...
    Just as racists like Doreen Lawrence should be allowed to too.

Not sure I agree that either she or her husband are racist. Why do you say that they are? Have I missed something?

Dianne Abbot on the other hand...
    Really? I think they might disagree.

Some anti-fascists think that C18 were set up by MI5 to keep tabs on extremists.
    this might sound a little ignorant but what is MI5?
    this might sound a little ignorant but what is MI5?

MI5
    Military Intelligence (unit? division?) 5 - the part of the British intelligence service that look at internal threats, as opposed to 6 which look abroad.

In a <b>very</b> crude sense think 5 are FBI to the CIA's 6. Though post 9/11 everything is a bit in the air over who does what
    oh ok they're sorta like homeland security.
    oh ok they're sorta like homeland security.

Sorta - but they haven't started visiting people to ask why they've taken certain books out of the library ....... yet :eek: