Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dentists - Emergency Appointments

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What counts as an emergency appointment? I have an appointment booked for the 22nd February to get my tooth pulled out, and that was the earliest they could see me. However, the tooth I want pulled out is a baby tooth, which has been there for so long that my adult tooth grew over it. I had two others, one chipped in half and so was pulled out 2 Christmases ago, and the other fell out by itself. The one that is left got chipped, but I never got around to getting an appointment. I got used to the chip being there, but when I went to see Athlete (on the 10th, and I had my mum book the appointment two days later, and this was still the earliest), it chipped again in a different place. Now there's a blood clot over where it chipped (right at the top) and it really hurts when I eat or when I put pressure on it. In the last, what, 2 days?, it's been really hurting. I was eating GRAPES earlier and it really hurt.

My mum said that I should make an "emergency appointment" but I don't think that this would be counted as "emergency".

Help appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    I didn't understand that, but if you're in intolerable pain I think they'd let you off.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I didn't understand that, but if you're in intolerable pain I think they'd let you off.

It's not intolerable, more uncomfortable...

And yeh, it made sense in my head :confused: