Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

is this for real??

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I havent found mine to ever leak when im taking it out. Its usually not anywhere near full so thats probably why. The only time it was anywhere near full was when id had it in overnight and then forgot to empty it in the morning, then it got to about 11am and I remembered I was actually on my period and went to sort myself out. It was pretty full then, but it didnt spill. If it had, id have been over a toilet anyway. If id had a tampon in that long it could have been dangerous even if it hadnt leaked, but because mooncups are made of silicone, its inert and doesnt harbour bacteria like tampons do so it doesnt carry a toxic shock risk.
    I must admit, sometimes on the first day or two of a period I wear a pantyliner too, just in case. Theres no harm in that.
    Are you wondering if it leaks because youre imagining taking it out by the stem that they show on the picture? If so, then thats not how you take it out anyway. I cut the stem off mine completely, and so do most people, because when I tried it with the stem on, I could still feel it. You take it out by bearing down and pushing it out partway, then its easy to just take it out with your fingers.
    Yes i did! I thought like a string on a tampon. This is the second site to big them up and you know what-I'm gonna give it a go when I get paid next-lol it can be an experiment for the site! I'll report back and no doubt have a hundred other questions! Thats the thing about tampons-I always leave them in overnight and if its a non work day I sleep in so they can be in for potentially 12 hours-very risky-this sounds a lot safer then. My nana had tss and went sterile after she'd had my mom because she had it while pregnant-thus I have no aunties or uncles on that side. So yes, ok will try it!
    it sounds cool but id never try it cos i wont even use tampns
    Well i would say if you was thinking about trying it but not sure, then go for it anyway, because in the case of you not liking it you can always send it back.
    With my diva cup thing you even get a little bag to put it in and a purple flower badge/pin thing, how quaint :p
    got a little pretty drawstring bag with my mooncup too, so it doesnt look conspicuous on the bathroom shelf.
    Sounds like they are pretty much the same.
    No they don't. If you read the site then it tells you that they punch a hole in any returned mooncups then sterilise them and use them as samples.
    and this samples will be used for.......? still seems abit dodgy just like u can send away for tampon and pad smaples. :yeees:
    Im still not convinced about these!
    Think i'll be sticking to what i kno lol
    cherridrop wrote:
    and this samples will be used for.......? still seems abit dodgy just like u can send away for tampon and pad smaples. :yeees:
    I expect the samples would be used for demonstrations or something. I dont see whats dodgy about them offering a peace of mind guarantee. What does it matter as long as you get your money back. They dont re-sell used ones which is the point.
    I expect the samples would be used for demonstrations or something. I dont see whats dodgy about them offering a peace of mind guarantee. What does it matter as long as you get your money back. They dont re-sell used ones which is the point.
    how do u knw? do u work for them?? i didnt think so. :yeees:
    cherridrop wrote:
    I'm sure the authorities would cotton on
    cherridrop wrote:

And how do you know? I've you have evidence to back up your claim about diva and mooncups, then fair enough, but I don't see the point of jumping down another user's throat just because she doesn't work there.
    cherridrop wrote:
    well Im assuming they dont sell them on as that would be unethical, and they are an ethical company. There arent any shops that would refund a purchase without you sending the item back. That doesnt mean they would resell ones that had been intimately used. Having a decent `satisfaction guaranteed or your money back` type offer, does not mean that they are immediately dodgy and obviously going to re-sell used sanitary products to unsuspecting customers. Im wondering what on earth makes you think this, apart from paranoia?
    *gone*
    ...hehe maybe its that time...

sorry I couldn't resist. They probably are confident about their product enough to not worry about the small percent taht might get sent back. I bet not many who don't like it, send it back cus sometimes people don't bother anyway! They prob lose very lil money.
    rainbow is very wise and highly thought of on here cherridrop. i'd advise you not to start.
    just wondered if anyone could tell me how the ones for women who have given birth are different to the ones for women that havent ?
    I think the ones for after vaginal childbirth must be slightly bigger. Ive never seen a pre-childbirth one though, but thats the only difference I can imagine. Theyre designed to fit over the cervix, and the cervix changes after childbirth, so it would accomodate that.
    I think the ones for after vaginal childbirth must be slightly bigger. Ive never seen a pre-childbirth one though, but thats the only difference I can imagine. Theyre designed to fit over the cervix, and the cervix changes after childbirth, so it would accomodate that.
    More that the vagina is stretched in childbirth I'd have though. I don't think the cervix becomes noticeably larger after childbirth, but it obviously does change appearance.
    ok thanks.

my mum is having extreme period problems....she says its probably her age, when she is on it doesnt come out constantly but in great gushes...which nearly always flood the towel and leak through onto her clothes...she wont use tAmpons coz of t.s.s but you cant get that with these can u? do u think it would be a better option for her Rainbow? or would the cup runneth over so to speak?
    ok thanks.

my mum is having extreme period problems....she says its probably her age, when she is on it doesnt come out constantly but in great gushes...which nearly always flood the towel and leak through onto her clothes...she wont use tAmpons coz of t.s.s but you cant get that with these can u? do u think it would be a better option for her Rainbow? or would the cup runneth over so to speak?
    She should talk to her GP if she's flooding.
    gp has just said its to do with her age and approaching menopause, she also had a miscarriage two years ago but didnt go to hospital when she should have and he says that its to do with that. they have told her she will just have to put up with it or have a hysterectomy, which she is opposed to.
    gp has just said its to do with her age and approaching menopause, she also had a miscarriage two years ago but didnt go to hospital when she should have and he says that its to do with that. they have told her she will just have to put up with it or have a hysterectomy, which she is opposed to.
    Those aren't the only two choices. If she's fed up with it she should ask to be referred to a gynaecologist. Flooding is unpleasant and usually abnormal.
    i'll mention it to her....but anyway, in the mean time would the cup help?
    I guess it would help a bit, but without knowing how much fluid is in the 'flooding' it;s hard to say. What might help would be if she teemed it up with a sanitary towel, which would then catch any leaks and stop it soaking through her clothes. Your poor mum :(
    beans wrote:
    I guess it would help a bit, but without knowing how much fluid is in the 'flooding' it;s hard to say. What might help would be if she teemed it up with a sanitary towel, which would then catch any leaks and stop it soaking through her clothes. Your poor mum :(
    Flooding is when women are wearing tampons and pads (double protection) and still leaking, even with the most absorbant pads and obviously changing them regularly.

I would guess that you'd have the same problem with a mooncup because it wouldn't get rid of the cause of the heavy bleeding.
    Kentish wrote:
    Flooding is when women are wearing tampons and pads (double protection) and still leaking, even with the most absorbant pads and obviously changing them regularly.

I would guess that you'd have the same problem with a mooncup because it wouldn't get rid of the cause of the heavy bleeding.

Ahh i see, i was wondering if it might help stop the leaking though because the cups hold more than tampons/pads do. It wouldn't get rid of the course but surely in theory could help reduce embaressing situations where blood has leaked through onto clothes?
    I would say that mooncups hold more than a tampon, so she would be able to get away with changing it less but if shes regularly flooding, then getting asecond opinion from a different doctor might be an idea.
    the different sizes ARE because of the size of the cervix rather than the size of the vagina, because the post vaginal childbirth ones are also recommended for people whove had caesareans IF the cervix dilated fully before the Csection.
    and just to add a lil bit-get your mom to take iron tablets if she's not eating lotsa iron in her diet as if she's really bad she doesn't want to end up anaemic.

Think thats good advice but thats only cus thats what my mom used to tell me when i had very bad times as a teen.
    she cant go anywhere now when shes on without 2spare pairs of trousers and knickers. :(