Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

is this for real??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

http://www.mooncup.co.uk/

Anyone heard of this before??

lol
a whole site dedicated to it lol
:yuck:

Comments

• Options
    The Mooncup can be cleaned in the same way as baby equipment: with sterilising fluid, by boiling or by popping it in the dishwasher!
    :yuck:

Spam?
  • Options
    yeah, it's for real.

they did the rounds in the women's magazines about 3 years ago.
  • Options
    "What if I don't like it?

The Mooncup Menstrual Cup
    90 day NO RISK trial
    Satisfaction Guaranteed:
    If you are not happy with your Mooncup menstrual cup after trying it for three full cycles then you may return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Please keep the receipt supplied with your Mooncup as you will need this to claim your refund. Refunds will be given at the discretion of Mooncup Ltd."

What do they do with the used ones? Surely it would be 'unethical' to throw them away................ :yuck:
  • Options
    Luce wrote:
    What do they do with the used ones? Surely it would be 'unethical' to throw them away................ :yuck:
    Apparently they put them in the dishwasher and they come out like new.
  • Options
    thats just wrong
  • Options
    Blah_x2 wrote:
    thats just wrong

Why?
    How is it any worse than sitting in your own menstural blood (sanitary towels)?
  • Options
    these are really popular amongst some people I know but to me-no way-how can you sort them out in public bathrooms?! but some who don't like the idea of waste from sanitary protection use them.

Lol I only started using tampons a year ago so I don't think I will just yet try the mooncup!

any one here use one?
  • Options
    I've been interested in getting a diva/moon cup for ages. I really don't see why it bothers people so much, then again, when names are given to products such as 'sanitary' protection, I'm not surprised. There's nothing unsanitary about menstrual blood, it's a bit of blood and mucus, get over it.
  • Options
    I wouldnt like to use one myself :no:
  • Options
  • Options
    They're also useful for growing tomatoes ;)

how????? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    I've been interested in getting a diva/moon cup for ages.

I've got one, i got the diva one though and i think the only difference is thatit comes from Canada. Admittedly i don't use it all the time but i bought it at a time when tampons were really 'irritating' me down there, and once you have the hang of it they are really easy to use and you can keep it there for up to 12 hours which is good over night as well because it means you don't have to get up to change your tampon.
    I've had it for over a year now and it's not as big or grim as you would expect, also saves on buying disposables like tampons. Though as i said i'm bad and don't really use it all that much but if you have bee thinking about getting one i woudl deffinatley recomend getting one, as if after 3 months you don't like it the Diva people will refund your money.
  • Options

:eek:

How did anyone find that out?
  • Options
    Ive got one. Theyre brilliant. Its not something I usually mention to people because they then think im a weird hippy, but its so much cheaper and more convenient than tampons. Ive had a box of tampons sitting on my shelf for over a year now but havent bothered using them as the mooncup is so much easier. You never have the risk of running out of tampons, plus its more reliable. They hold much more than a tampon so the problem of changing in a public toilet doesnt really arise because they easily go from morning to night. They also dont carry the risk of toxic shock syndrome like tampons do, and theyre obviously much more environmentally friendly.
    They have the 3 month guarantee, but if you sent it back and didnt like it, theyd just throw it away. They only have this offer because most people get on fine with it and dont send it back.
  • Options
    Ive got one. Theyre brilliant. Its not something I usually mention to people because they then think im a weird hippy, but its so much cheaper and more convenient than tampons.

Haha same here my mam thinks i'm mad, i guess if your squemish then you would find it harder to use one but menstral blood has never phased me really, and i just love the little measurment markers on them :p but it is quite interesting really you get a better idea of your flow than you would if you used tampons.
  • Options
    My 2 female ex housemates used them and would never go back to conventional sanitary products now. They're environmentally friendly and far cheaper in the long run.

where do you grow your tomatoes?? :yuck:
    :lol:
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Haha same here my mam thinks i'm mad, i guess if your squemish then you would find it harder to use one but menstral blood has never phased me really, and i just love the little measurment markers on them :p but it is quite interesting really you get a better idea of your flow than you would if you used tampons.
    theres no measurement markers on a mooncup, *is jealous*.
    Im not a particularly squeamish person, but I must admit, it took me a few months after hearing about mooncups to pluck up the courage to get one, even though I thought it was a good idea. Once I had though, I wished id got it sooner.
  • Options
    This sounds a bit gross, well, very gross, but doesnt the contents spill when you remove it?

I'm considering it, I saw them advertised in the uni toilets last year.
  • Options
    no the contents dont spill, unless youre standing on your head when you take it out, plus if any did spill, youre sitting over a toilet, then you just tip it down the loo, rinse it under the tap and then put it back in again. I can understand some people thinking its icky, but its only your own blood, theres nothing more icky about it than any other toiletting really.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    swank wrote:
    I dont understand its shape... why is it pointy at the end?

Because at some point, you're going to have to yank the bloody (hoho) thing out.
  • Options
    swank wrote:
    I dont understand its shape... why is it pointy at the end?
    that bit is there so that at first it makes it easier to get out, but the majority of people cut the stem off it, so its basically just a cup. First of all I trimmed the stem down a bit, but then i trimmed the whole thing off as it was unneccesary and i could feel it, but after I cut it off, I cant feel it at all when its in, the same as a tampon, but without the string. You get it out by bearing down with your pelvic floor muscles then you can take it out. Its a hell of a lot easier than it sounds, believe me.
  • Options
  • Options
    My 2 female ex housemates used them and would never go back to conventional sanitary products now. They're environmentally friendly and far cheaper in the long run.

So they're worth it?

Don't they smell? Or make ya all sweaty?

I may invest... :chin:
  • Options
    they dont smell any worse than tampons, and a lot less than sanitary towels, being that they are worn internally.
    Definitely invest if you are thinking about it, they save so much money, if you think about how much tampons cost every month, the mooncup costs about £14 and then you never have to buy tampons again. Plus you never get that weeing on the string thing anymore.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    im not 2 sure about the way they are saying this
    'If you are not happy with your Mooncup menstrual cup after trying it for three full cycles then you may return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Please keep the receipt supplied with your Mooncup as you will need this to claim your refund. Refunds will be given at the discretion of Mooncup Ltd.'
    will they sell ur old 1 2 some poor old sucker??? :chin: ...............................:lol:
  • Options
  • Options
    swank wrote:
    I want one but I've no way of getting one not having a check book/credit card myself. I'd be far to embarassed to borrow my dads for this!! (i'm 16)
    You could always send a postal order.
  • Options
    lol ew about the plants!

anyways so rainbow you answered my question about the public thing but even so how does it not leak when you take it out as when i take tampons out (nice!) they always kinda swing a bout on the string.

I really think its ounds good but I'm still not convinced. I'm that paranoid about tampons leaking I still wear pads so I'd be worried about this leaking too.