You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

What other games are there?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
as the title says but only iv been playing first person shooters for the last 6 years annd finally I want to try a differennt genre other than the sims and football magagers and of course Fps!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have a look at www.gamespot.com
    Try Rome:Total War. Class strategy game.
    Same as Medievil total war and shogan total war
    I suggest strategy games, they're definately my favourite, games like Alpha Centauri and Red Alert are good, although they're about...10 years out of date now.
    Talking of strategy games, you may want to give Age of Empires a spin. It's a war strategy where you build a settlement, raise an army and then wage war against the opposition. Age of Empires II (year 1999-2000) was the best of the series, based in the middle ages. You can lead the English, French, Sarecens, Chinese, Mongols, Germans (Teutons), Turkish plus a few others. There are about 13 countries all together. There was also an expansion pack for the game which gave you a total of 18 countries.

Age of Empires III (2002) was also quite good. Instead of leading a country, you dedicate yourself to a god. There are 9 starting gods, (analogous to the 13 countries of AOEII), which falls into a large hierachy of about 36 gods. In one game, you can summon 4 gods. They give you spells in which you can use to aid your own side or cast against the opposite side.

Any of you played Warcraft II? Think of AOEII/III as being the next one up.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Trust me, I'm a doctor Posts: 8,303
    AOE = Win, especially online, 8 player wars, biggest armys you'll ever see, AOE2 is pretty good aswell, not played it online yet tho.
    AGE OF EMPIRES IS THE AMAZING WIN!

As is Kings and Mythology.
    I always prefered Empire Earth to AOE.

At the moment i'm currently addicted to Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War. You don't need to be a fan to enjoy it and it's really easy to get into.

However if you've been a fan of FPS i would recommend Deus Ex. It's a FPS RPG so the interface will be familure to you while it has a really cool story line, one of the best i've ever played.
    Oooo anyone ever play Entente - battlefields, it's a WW1 strat game, which is REALLY good, couple of bugs but pretty good :)

Also anyone play Cossaks, this games older bug also very good :) I loved this game but it took hours for one game :-p
    CC generals in a strategy game iv played and liked
    yeah, I mean C&C Generals was good, Redalert 2 was good, aswell as yuri's revenege Expansion buttttttt... Big but, I'm a retro fan, I loved the original C&C and RA, RA one rocked, It was awsome..

Generals is good, but not the best C&C game.. and renergage.. there pathetic attempt at 1st person shooter.... Well.. I'd rather have the beubonic plauge than play that..:-p