Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Green Day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone seen Green Day on their recent tour yet?

If they have I reeeally need to know whos been supporting them. Its like, a matter of life and death :D

If anyone went to see them tonight at Manchester especially that'd be fab, I really want to know who was supporting.

Thank youuu x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw them in November. they were soooooo good. :heart:

Even though they've been around for over 10 years, they still know how to put on a kick ass show!

What do you mean you need to know whos been supporting them??? (like what other bands are on tour with them? If so, the bands that came with Green Day were New Found Glory and Sugarcult, but that might be different because this is in the US)
    i heard new found glory, or possibly good charlotte

i got standing in newcastle on the 8th :D
    New found glory
    Simple Plan
    i saw them a while back an they were SO amazing i really want to go see them again!
    I gotta wait till milton keynes in june :(
    RudeBwoy wrote:
    I gotta wait till milton keynes in june :(

Ditto :(
    My friends going tonight and she's ringing me when they start playing. She said it's cos she knows i like them, but i reckon its to rub it in tbh :(

Ahhh well :(
    Went to see them at the MEN last night, and it was fecking awesome.

New Found Glory were supporting, and I was mightily impressed - already got tickets for their next gig in Liverpool on 14th Feb.

Then Green Day came on, and it was just amazing - all good music, and BJ has got to be one of the funniest frontmen around.

Sadly missed the train afterwards, so went on the piss in Manchester and didn't get home until 5am (well, 2pm for me as I stayed at a mate's due to lack of buses :D). Damn good night all round.
    Loads of people I know from school went to see them last month at Birmingham but the tickets for Birmingham all sold out in the first two hours within going on sale, so me and my mates wern't able to get any :(

We really want to go see them in June but have no where to stay when we get there because we shall have to stay over night! :(

I really want to to see them because they kick ass!! I have all their albums but have been to no of their concerts!
    The new album, any good?
    BlackArab wrote:
    The new album, any good?
    Good? It was the best album to be released in 2004. Just listen to Jesus of Suburbia. It makes Bohemian Rhapsody sound like a tv ad jingle.
    its very good, but i'd be lying if i went to see them and didnt go just to see new found glory, they are amazing live. seen greenday a couple of times live now! very good!
    BlackArab wrote:
    The new album, any good?

Not as good as their others (bar Warning, which was dire and belongs in a bargain bin) but only because it is different in style. They're more polished now, less raw around the edges, but the album is still very listenable and is definately a grower. :)
    The album is almost permamently in my stereo! :yes:
    BlackArab wrote:
    The new album, any good?

i really don't like it, bar a few songs such as Holiday, but its probably due to not being as big a green day fan as i used to. also, probably the fact that at the manchester show it was full of 14 year old kids who only sang to the new songs.

the other thing is some of the long songs are just stupid, the various parts in the song are predictable and shit. for a good long punk song, they shoulda listened to NOFX's The Decline for an idea how to do it. I'm also sick of people saying its a masterpiece JUST because the songs follow on and reference each other. As if this hasn't been done before :yeees: :yeees: and sounding much more fluent in other peoples work as well.

but if you want a cheesy pop punk 'concept :lol::lol:' album, with shitty lyrics, then this ones for you.