Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Washing Machines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know anything about washing machines?

Mine's decided to break. The drum won't turn and the dial keeps turning round. It's locked the door and won't let me take the clothes out! :(

Help.

Comments

• Options
    Switch off at wall & wait for quite a while, door should open.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Switch off at wall & wait for quite a while, door should open.

Yes, and if you do this, make sure you have many towels at the ready for the mop-up operation.
  • Options
    Tried the door but it was still locked, so I turned it on again and it started turning.

This is why you don't buy Italian. :yes: :mad:
  • Options
    J wrote:
    It just so happens that our went wrong yesterday, same problem infact.

Oddness aside, it was due to the drum belt slipping off of the motor spindle.

Does it still make a spinning sound, as though the motor is spinning but not the drum?
    Yeah, I assumed that would be it cos it was making funny noises as if it wanted to turn but couldn't, and then it suddenly started spinning when I reset it. You get what you pay for with home appliances it seems.