Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Countryside Alliance loses appeal against hunting ban

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think fishing is usually more humane than fox hunting and shooting, most fishers catch fish and put them back to the sea, i might sound cold hearted but i don't feel overtly bad or angry when animals get killed, like we all swat flies in the house and whatever, i know killing foxes with a dog is cruel but it doesn't effect me emotionally, sorry but thats just the way i was brought up thinking
    Aladdin wrote:
    There might be genuine concern that bird shooting or fishing might be banned in the future as well, but that cannot be used to justify fox hunting.

Seems to me that the argument for speaking out when the Govt takes away the rights of people do something is a much better argument that the argument that it should be banned because its done by aristocrats, who (shock, horror!!!) enjoy the chase.
    Killing foxes is ok, aslong as the people who do it are having fun.
    so barbaric killing for sport is ok?
    Yes.
    why?
    Because sport is fun, and a death is a death. So unless all you people are vegans, you're all hypocrites, and if you are vegans, well then you're entitled to your opinion.
    and killing you if sport and fun would be ok?

we should and have acted to try and safeguard against savage killings in relaton to fox hunting, just because its killing the same as animals to eat, doesnt mean we shouldnt do it

at least we are doing something because we can, not because we should
    If i wasn't a member of the most superior species on earth, i'd expect to be hunted by it.
    Dan Brown wrote:
    Because sport is fun, and a death is a death. So unless all you people are vegans, you're all hypocrites, and if you are vegans, well then you're entitled to your opinion.

This is wrong on so many levels.

Most of the species has evolved past the point of death for fun.
    Dan Brown wrote:

Where does being a vegan come in to it? At the end of the day, the fox that is killed for fun by the 'civilised' part of society isn't eaten.
    Dan Brown wrote:
    If i wasn't a member of the most superior species on earth, i'd expect to be hunted by it.

you sir are a troll
    it's darwin shit.
    theres a difference between hunting, and killing for fun
    Shakespeare once wrote something like "The best part of getting the women, is the thrill of the chase" (though obviously not in those words, it's in measure for measure anyway)
    you kill women for fun?
    Dan Brown wrote:
    it's darwin shit.
    Oh do please go in to some depth.
    MoonRat wrote:
    Oh do please go in to some depth.

please dont, i dont like the smell of it
    Dan Brown wrote:

Sorry, how is it hypocritical? :confused:
    Dan Brown wrote:

Judging by your posts, you're not.
    Dan Brown wrote:
    it's darwin shit.

You obviously know fuck all about Darwin.
    Dan Brown wrote:
    But you aren't a member of the superior Danny boy...hence the reason why you are being hunted ;)
    If I went out and kicked the crap outta my cat... then offered people a fiver a kick on the poor mite, I'd be done for animal cruelty, even if it is 'sport'.

If I chase a fox with some hounds, watch it get ripped to pieces and then trot off to inbreed the dogs and breed more foxes, suddeny I'm civilised and it's a sport.

What the hell is the difference? An animal is an animal. If ya ain't gonna eat it why kill it?
    If the toffs want to carry on with their hunting practices, why dont they colour one of their hounds with a sort of a ginger dye and stick a bushy tail on it.

Problem solved!

Fox preservation and hunting being allowed at the same time...simple.
    foxes don't need no preservation ...in fact more healthy ones will die than ever before ...because it's fashionable to be against blood sports.
    and yes ...it will be bird shooting and fishing next ...
    greyhound racing and horse racing after that ...keeping pidgeons ...having a goldfish ...
    mind you ...we'll all be tagged before long so who cares ...hang on ...aren't we already tagged every time we carry a mobile phone.
    your building a fucking wierd world ...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    MoonRat wrote:
    What the hell is the difference? An animal is an animal. If ya ain't gonna eat it why kill it?

When I was younger my mates and I spent many a time shooting rats on the farm I worked at. Was a good laugh.
    And as a greenkeeper we used to have fun lamping to 'control' the rabbit population. We didn't eat them but the way they dug in the bunkers meant they were a pest, so me made an occasion out of shooting them.
    And then there were some particulary nasty traps we used on moles so that we didn't have to keep shoveling tumps - we use to quietly celebrate the day when we managed to kill a little bastard who may have been destroying the 9th tee or 18th green

Hunting is enjoyable, (even if you don't eat the animal) - Sorry but it's the truth.
    Weekender Offender 
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    If the toffs want to carry on with their hunting practices, why dont they colour one of their hounds with a sort of a ginger dye and stick a bushy tail on it.

Killing a hound is OK but killing a fox isn't?
    Fox preservation and hunting being allowed at the same time...simple.

This argument isn't even about Fox preservation.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    When I was younger my mates and I spent many a time shooting rats on the farm I worked at. Was a good laugh.
    And as a greenkeeper we used to have fun lamping to 'control' the rabbit population. We didn't eat them but the way they dug in the bunkers meant they were a pest, so me made an occasion out of shooting them.
    And then there were some particulary nasty traps we used on moles so that we didn't have to keep shoveling tumps - we use to quietly celebrate the day when we managed to kill a little bastard who may have been destroying the 9th tee or 18th green

Hunting is enjoyable, (even if you don't eat the animal) - Sorry but it's the truth.

But what proof do we have that foxes need culling?

To be honest hunting without eating the catch has always seemed pointless to me, not fun (however I'd love to go hunting or fishing and eat what I catch).
    MoonRat wrote:
    But what proof do we have that foxes need culling?

).
    llangollen about 12 miles from you ...the berwyn mountain range makes hunting on horseback impossible so ...three or four times a year huge numbers of farmers meet up and with dogs to flush them out ...two way radios to tell the guys in the next valley somethings coming their way ...and a whole big pile of rifles ...the hillsides are swept and foxes killed.
    this isn't a fun day out ...these hill farmers have money to earn and little time to waste ...a lot of hill farmers earn very little money.
    but they are all agreed ...before lambing etc ...as many foxes as possible will be shot ...it's called living with nature. living on the land ...and to live on it sucsessfuly you have to know it.
    as for hunting with dogs ...don't you think the fox feels a little like a gazelle seeing a lion running up ...oh fuck i better get a move on ...animals kill ...humans kill ...not always for food ...
    llangollen about 12 miles from you ...the berwyn mountain range makes hunting on horseback impossible so ...three or four times a year huge numbers of farmers meet up and with dogs to flush them out ...two way radios to tell the guys in the next valley somethings coming their way ...and a whole big pile of rifles ...the hillsides are swept and foxes killed.
    this isn't a fun day out ...these hill farmers have money to earn and little time to waste ...a lot of hill farmers earn very little money.
    but they are all agreed ...before lambing etc ...as many foxes as possible will be shot ...it's called living with nature. living on the land ...and to live on it sucsessfuly you have to know it.
    as for hunting with dogs ...don't you think the fox feels a little like a gazelle seeing a lion running up ...oh fuck i better get a move on ...animals kill ...humans kill ...not always for food ...

well said, i can see that point of view but fuck them, silly farmers they don't know the meaning of the word ecstacy and having a mad night, silly bastrads.