Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

dvla fight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
as some of you know i have been involved in a court case against the dvla. i just wanted to give you all a update as to the progress.

i went to court twice and on both occasions the dvla didnt turn up at court, their excuse being its to far to travel.
so i asked for it to be heard in their absence, after realizing the dvla had no evidence that they could rely on they had no choice but to reissue a license.
great, but the best news was the court saw my evidence but as the dvla were not there did not see any from them, and found more inconsistancies in the way the dvla had acted, e.g. how the dvla banned me on suspision of driving whilst smoking cannabis without any tests. the court decided that in view of the actions taken by the dvla they were not happy, so, the court has ajourned the case untill my seventieth birthday, but if the dvla choose to send me for further testings (unless i break the law) i can have my case reopened in the courts without permission from the dvla.
but until such time i am now allowed to resume driving and get back on track with my life. and to get an early start on christmas this year as we couldnt do that last year with no use of a car.........so there it is bit confusing.......but at least i won the bastards at their own game.........thanks for all the help to those of you who have given advice such as where to get help from, and for pointing me towards the kind people at RELEASE(great people, great advice.)..........again thanks........ :thumb:

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I'm glad to hear it all went well for you 01j01, and it is nice to hear your feedback about Release as well. Thanks for letting us know how it went.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well done mate ...i'm a bit confused about your 70th birthday ...
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Everyone with a license has to be re-tested at age 70, and every year or two after that - maybe that is what 01j01 means?
    LadyJade wrote:
    Everyone with a license has to be re-tested at age 70, and every year or two after that - maybe that is what 01j01 means?
    ahhhh.
    well done mate ...i'm a bit confused about your 70th birthday ...

the reference to my 70th birthday is because i had evidence to provide to support my claim and the fact the dvla kept changing their minds as to when i could reapply to get my license back.

the judges looked at the way the dvla had acted and ajourned the case until my 70th birthday which unless i break the road traffic act or commit other driving offences, then if they try retesting me or send me for any medicals that include testing then instead of appealing to the dvla then i can have the matter relisted for the case to be heard within the court.

and as ladyjade pointed out by law i have to be retested on or after my 70th birthday......thanks for everybodys comments and advice........it was all greatly appreciated.....