Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

A philosophy of life based on signature tag lines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't help wondering where everybody gets their signatures from. Some of them are very witty, or quite deep in cases. Do you all think them up your selves, or are they sometimes quotes that can be attributed to a greater mind...? What's your inspiration...? (Mine is a line from Eddie Izzard - St. Paul's advice in his letters to the Corinthians. So now you know.)

And so, I have started this thread to try and find out the origins of these multitudinous tag-lines and see if I can build an ideal philosophy of life by combining them into a kind of encyclopedia of signature wisdom.

What is your signature tag and why? I need as many tag lines as possible to get a rounded picture. Come forward and make yourselves known.....
How about it folks?

Comments

• Options
    Mine was "Warning - Smoking shortens your cigarette", which was on a lighter in the health warning style that i got from a shady garage. Made me laugh when i got it cus i thought the government had actually made lighters have to carry them too. Not really all that deep i know :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The left part is translated lyrics by my favourite band, top right was said by Menken, and bottom right is mine.
  • Options
    I think mines a quote from Jack Nickelson(sp)
    And my av is from a comic with great art work in it, AD 2000.
  • Options
    I don't have one anymore, used to make the odd one up or else get them from a quote website.
  • Options
    I only changed mine a couple of weeks ago. It's just something that amused me. But I think I'll change it regularly to keep you lot on your toes.
  • Options
    Lisa Simpson, obviously. It's just a quote I like. Arrested Development is one of my favourite programmes so I may change it soon.
  • Options
    I'll take mine from song lyrics that i can relate to, sometimes i'll make my own up too, or i'll see a qute and like it :)
  • Options
    my mum and dad had dirty filthy sweaty sex
  • Options
    marie wrote:
    I can't help wondering where everybody gets their signatures from. Some of them are very witty, or quite deep in cases. Do you all think them up your selves, or are they sometimes quotes that can be attributed to a greater mind...? What's your inspiration...? (Mine is a line from Eddie Izzard - St. Paul's advice in his letters to the Corinthians. So now you know.)

What is it with Eddie Izzard and Jam? - seems to be his favourite word or something? - but then it may just be me...
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    my mum and dad had dirty filthy sweaty sex

shouldn't it be 31-08-84?
  • Options
    they had sex and then im referring to the resultant act of birth thathappens after
  • Options
    Yeah - I guess you can say you were still being 'edited' while you were growing and being nourished in the womb.... :)
  • Options
    the link in my sig was inspired by george bush ...click on it and you'll understand.
  • Options
    Too much jam?

If you're sick of Eddie Izzard's jam, it is only one of a number of possible lines - I might change it to "Don't suck all the juice out of a tractor" "Never put a sock in a toaster" or "Don't lean over on a Tuesday" for example.
    I think the jam thing is just there for when you runs out of improv. Though it's kinda nice that there is one constant amongst all the mayhem inside his brain..... :)
  • Options
    got mine from coolsig.com
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    they had sex and then im referring to the resultant act of birth thathappens after
    But then it should read "Edited by Mum". Your dad didn't do anything on this date.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    But then it should read "Edited by Mum". Your dad didn't do anything on this date.
    Held her hand?
  • Options
    tried pushing it back in?
  • Options
    mine's a quote from blade runner :yes:
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Held her hand?
    So if he had held it differently MrG would be different now? :p I should find an article on how that works, it sounds interesting.
  • Options
    He might have turned out just a MrF, and then where would we be?...
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    So if he had held it differently MrG would be different now? :p I should find an article on how that works, it sounds interesting.
    Cheeky monkey. :p
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    tried pushing it back in?
    :lol:
  • Options
    Oh, and on the subject, mine is, quite obviously I would have thought, a link to my livejournal. Occassionally it has song lyrics added to it as well.
  • Options
    Mine is lyrics from Busted by Matchbox Twenty
  • Options
    Mine is a lyric from a recently released song that I like by Mousse T. My email address. Then theres my faceparty (ARGHHHH!) and my livejournal (even more ARGHHHHHHHH!!)
  • Options
    I change mine quite a lot. Its usually whatever song lyric I'm loving or relating to at that moment but right now its from the film Casper.

Where Casper says it to Christina Rikki at the end...I'm a bit in love with that bit, especially where they're dancing at the end and hes real and stuff :D I want someone to say it to me.
  • Options
    KinkyBoots wrote:
    Mine is a lyric from a recently released song that I like by Mousse T. My email address. Then theres my faceparty (ARGHHHH!) and my livejournal (even more ARGHHHHHHHH!!)
    I used to love that song, now its getting annoying.
    Mine i believe is a lionel richie line.
  • Options
    ah ha i still have the make pepole laugh at/with me ability
  • Options
    i don't know where my first one came from, i tihnk i read it somewhere

the second one is a quote from a summation of the Elizabethan religious settlement that i found while reading my books, as if you wanted to know that but hey there ya go.