Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

fuckbuddies and valentines...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So... bit of a dilemma.

I've got a fuck buddy, who's a very close friend of mine, and Valentine's is coming up. We spend ALL our time together, we're practically in a relationship only not, and i don't know what to do about Valentine's day. Do i ignore it? Or do i give him a jokey card/present?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could give him a valentines shag, would be the obvious present in my opinion :)
    IMHO...

You could send him a card as he is as you say

a very close friend of mine

However, the idea of a fuck buddy is not a relationship, just sex. You start sending him silk boxer shorts with hearts on them, and before too long who knows where it'll end up.

Send a card if you like (or ignore it completely, what have you done in the past?)

But I wouldn't treat him as your boyfriend at all... ...can send mixed signals...
    after reading your lj hun i dont think it would be a good idea to get him something valentinesey as such....but if you go out together on the day and stuff i think it would be better and then do something in the evening...just dont think about it too much otherwise it might go tits up :/
    do u want him to be your more than a fuck buddy? some people on the thread obviously have more info on the situation than me , but seeing as most of the jokey cards seem to be about shagging the brains out of someone anyway surely it cant hurt???
    Hang on a minute... I thought the point of a fuck-buddy (to use that dreadful phrase) was to have sex without any emotional attachment? It sounds to me like you're getting emotional. Looks like this is a crunch point in your "relationship", if I can call it that. Only do this if you're convinced you'll get the response you want.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Hang on a minute... I thought the point of a fuck-buddy (to use that dreadful phrase) was to have sex without any emotional attachment? It sounds to me like you're getting emotional. Looks like this is a crunch point in your "relationship", if I can call it that. Only do this if you're convinced you'll get the response you want.

Raaaar. It's a complicated situation, and i suppose fuck buddy is the wrong phrase to use in a way. It's a very good friend of mine who i have sex with. We've had conversations before in the past about it becoming a relationship, but at the end of the day, it's not what either of us want - i got out of a big relationship last year and he's very anti-relationships generally, so we're just toddling along as we are, which is great for both of us. The problem is, practically everyone in our group of friends are in relationships so V-day this year is quite a big deal for everyone except us.

I did find a card which said 'valentine - i'm not sure i want to be tied down...' and on the inside it said 'tied up, now that's a different matter entirely!' which would have been ideal, but as he and i were out shopping together at the time and i showed it to him, might be a bit of a giveaway!

Blah. I might just not go out at all on v-day, just stay at home eating ice cream and watching films. That'd solve the problem :p
    You could buy a card, leave it blank and if he gets you one, write it there and then and give it to him haha :p And if he gives you a present, i don't think it would be too hard to get him something in return :chin: :p
    Shave ur muff hair into a heart
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Shave ur muff hair into a heart

LMAO! Classic.
    Don't get him anything. You said yourself he's anti-relationship, and valentine's is for the lovers. When the day arrives and he has something for you, or looks disappointed when you don't have for him, ride him like a wild donkey. It's the only sure-fire way of letting him know you A) don't care for love, even if you do, and B) do care (you can always turn it up a little bit more with some love-kisses and doe-eyes).

At the end of the day, prepare yourself for both scenarios. Besides, who wouldn't appreciate sex as a present?! :thumb:
    So... bit of a dilemma.

I've got a fuck buddy, who's a very close friend of mine, and Valentine's is coming up. We spend ALL our time together, we're practically in a relationship only not, and i don't know what to do about Valentine's day. Do i ignore it? Or do i give him a jokey card/present?!
    i know exactly how u fell coz i am in the same situation. we've been on/off for 2 years now. but hes sooooooooooo gorgeous.... i must have him :hyper:
    you can get valentines cards that aren't all lovey dovey, and just let the person know that you care.

tricky situation!
    You can buy cards that can be quite suggstive rather than romantic or traditional!
    And for valentines day couples often do something "new" in bed lol
    Just do what you think will make you feel good, after all, its all about you if you are not together!
    Enjoy x