Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

bloody exams....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i know every student is stressing over exams right now but aaaarrrrhhhhhhh!! physically and mentally cant do it anymore!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
going through neurofen for stress headaches likes anything.....
just wanted a moan.... :no:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yea wrecking my head aswell, but i suppose you gotta do them and it'll all be worth it in the end.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tell me about it, I've done about 150 hours revision since about the 20th December and I've had enough, I have one mate who has been medically exempted from taking our exams because of exhaustion and another one who had a nervous breakdown! Extreme I know, but these damn uni law exams are a nightmare.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and i just have to go to work sometime in the morning
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Museman wrote:
    Tell me about it, I've done about 150 hours revision since about the 20th December

    woah, now I feel even worse :p

    don't think you'll have anything to worry about though :yes:


    I hate exams :banghead:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, I guess that doesn't tell the whole story because maybe I wouldn't have had to do 150 hours if I had done 40 hours a week in term time like they 'suggest', but then again what first year uni student does 40 hours a week?!! I've yet to come across one!! Good luck everyone, fortunately I'm done now, had the last one on friday, let us know how they go, dig in and do your best!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't believe in the morals of exams. You cram all this revision in, just to disregard it afterwards. So therefore how can that be an example of what you know, or how clever you are?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't believe in the morals of exams. You cram all this revision in, just to disregard it afterwards. So therefore how can that be an example of what you know, or how clever you are?

    That's exactly my thinking, what is the point in all this cramming?! I've spent the whole evening repeating french grammar, and I'll have forgotten it all later this week :mad: Aaargh, tomorrow cannot be over soon enough, I'm sooooo unprepared!

    Oh, and Museman, I'm at Sheffield Uni too :) Hope you've got your ticket to the big night out to drink away the stress of exams ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't believe in the morals of exams. You cram all this revision in, just to disregard it afterwards. So therefore how can that be an example of what you know, or how clever you are?

    i agree. it doesnt say what you have learned, it simply test what you can remember
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tates wrote:
    That's exactly my thinking, what is the point in all this cramming?! I've spent the whole evening repeating french grammar, and I'll have forgotten it all later this week :mad: Aaargh, tomorrow cannot be over soon enough, I'm sooooo unprepared!

    Oh, and Museman, I'm at Sheffield Uni too :) Hope you've got your ticket to the big night out to drink away the stress of exams ;)

    Lol actually I've come home for a week I was sick of the sight of the octagon and of Broomhill in general!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blah_x2 wrote:
    i agree. it doesnt say what you have learned, it simply test what you can remember

    Exactly, it makes me really cross, it's all about retention of info. That's why I much prefer things that are assessed by coursework because then you have the work in front of you for a few weeks and it is really down to who produces the best piece of work, not who can remember more.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Urgh, officially hate exams now, had the worst exam EVER today :eek2: And got another on wednesday :nervous: so can't even go and drown my sorrows, cos gotta do more revision :crying:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Museman wrote:
    Lol actually I've come home for a week I was sick of the sight of the octagon and of Broomhill in general!!

    Lol, I can understand that, the octagon isn't the most beautiful place in the world ;) Aww, Broomhill, I miss that place!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not desperately beautiful when there's 500+ law undergrads tearing their hair out in a contract law exam........... Where do you live and what do you study out of interest?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm in my 2nd year doing English Lit and French (unless I fail these exams, which is a very real possibility after today :nervous: !). I'm living just off West Street this year. Are you first year?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I live in Taptonville flats, not in Victoria Hall by any chance are you? My mate wants to go there next year but I don't know how quickly they fill their quota as I gather it's hugely over-subscribed.

    I was gonna do Law and French, but though I speak fluent French I'm not the biggest fan of the country itself so ddn't fancy spending an extended amount of time there!

    Hope the exams went ok, mine were pretty nasty, I worked hard, but I don't handle exam periods too well nerves-wise!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Museman wrote:
    Yeah I live in Taptonville flats, not in Victoria Hall by any chance are you? My mate wants to go there next year but I don't know how quickly they fill their quota as I gather it's hugely over-subscribed.

    I was gonna do Law and French, but though I speak fluent French I'm not the biggest fan of the country itself so ddn't fancy spending an extended amount of time there!

    Hope the exams went ok, mine were pretty nasty, I worked hard, but I don't handle exam periods too well nerves-wise!

    Nope, not in Victoria Halls, but we did think about them when we were house hunting. Just in a house, it's cheap and cheerful and really close to both West Street and Division Street, so makes me happy :yes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    TheOne wrote:
    i know every student is stressing over exams right now but aaaarrrrhhhhhhh!! physically and mentally cant do it anymore!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
    going through neurofen for stress headaches likes anything.....
    just wanted a moan.... :no:


    just to let you know, i work in a pharmacy and nurofen isnt really for tension headache. its an anti inflamatory. so you're better with something like syndol
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And this is why I love doing an art degree :p
Sign In or Register to comment.