Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Falling For Girls Too Easily

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone else ever feel the same? I can't help but feel like I fall for girls too easily. If someone pays the slightest bit of attention to me then my mind goes totally ott and get all these strong feelings. I hate it, I really do. I just want to be friends with a girl without it getting complicated. Almost everygirl I've met online or offline, it's always the same thing. Anyone else ever feel the same? I don't wanna be high maintanance or anything, lol. I just want to get control on the situation and stop over reacting.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol, I'm kinda the opposite. I hate always ending up as friends with girls...

Wanna trade?
    Yes I used to be the same way. The slightest bit of attention and you're getting delusions of grandeur.

I just learned to stop taking everything so seriously and haven't gotten my hopes up. To tell you the truth, it's kinda taken the excitement out of everything.
    Yeah I'm pretty much the same, you get this little voice in your head telling you that every girl that even looks at you must fancy you. So annoying! It then affects how you act around them which in turn can put them off.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I just hate myself for it. I'm falling for someone I really shouldnt be. I just wish I could just switch it off. I want to go back to being a cold hearted bastard again who feels nothing.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I used to be like that too... Sorry, but I'm not sure what stopped it.
    Actually, now that I think about it, it didn't stop. I just learned to ignore it.
    Haha, yeah, that's what I'm trying to do, just ignore it. Sadly not the easiest things to do!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I guess not...
    Yer, same situation. There's a girl in college, who practically sets things on fire when she smiles at them. I get treatment for 3rd degree burns pretty much every day. Drives me nuts.

And the more often you get your heart kicked around by these girls, the worse it gets.

Must say though, I never get these feelings for girls I've encountered on the net...
    That's because they're actually men.
    It's liking someone overly, purely because they like you.

It tends to become less of a problem with age and experience. Meanwhile, keep reminding yourself that "it's liking someone overly, purely because they like you" and not to do it.
    I do it all the time.

But of course, with men not girls.

It does my truffin' head in. The only advice I can give is to chill out, try not to read into things and just enjoy yourself.