Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

University 2nd Year Living Arrangements.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    boomting wrote:
    txt tlk rulz nw shddup
    STFU. Post in the right forum. Grow up, you're BORING.

SG also STFU, you anally retentive arse.
  • Options
    People who use it deliberately when they have been asked not to deserve whatever they get in my opinion, cos to me it just seems that they're awkward sods out to annoy people. People who use it accidently dont tend to get flamed into hell for it...
    I would agree with this to an extent. The way I see it, remind someone politely at first of the rules. If they don't listen, either flame them or let the mods do their thing. But as for people not being flamed, don't make me laugh.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Almost certainly none. I agree that text talk is not suitable for this board, but I can't agree that those who use it accidentally should be flamed into hell for it. That said, this boomting character seems to be deliberately using it, so flame him if you like, I don't care.

yes but do be careful that you don't see flaming when it's not there, the suggestions were not nasty Until boomting insulted people. The mods will say the same!
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    SG also STFU, you anally retentive arse.
    Oh shut up, I've had enough of you for a lifetime.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    anally retentive arse.
    :chin:
  • Options
    I know, shut up...
  • Options
    apply early for a place in halls next year..
  • Options
    i had this problem, by the time i realised that i would never want to live with my 1st year flat mates again everyone on my course had grouped up.

I found a large student house (20 rooms) that had individul rent on the rooms and moved in there. there are quite a few in huddersfield i suppose there would be similar things in other areas. have you got a housing list from the uni? they will show how many rooms the house have and wether the rent is combined or individual.

i have had 2 brilliant years here (although there have been a few wierdos but you get that anywere) and am glad that i chose to do this instead of moving in with 2 people off my corse that i didnt really get on with as was also an option.

pluss if you move in with a lot of people then the odds of there being someone that you get on with will be much higher.

You could move into halls again and do the 1st year thing again. also if you move into private halls you may be with people from the same year.

have ou thort about ringing one of those adverts that will most probably be on all the noticaboards around uni saying one person needed for a house share? but in that situation you could quite easily end up being the odd one out if your with say 4 people that have no intrest in getting to know you. Mybe you could try arranging to go for a night out with them before aggreing to move in if this is what you decide to do.
  • Options
    if you wanted to look into my sugestion of a larger house you could use www.accommodationforstudents.com if you type in where you live there is a larger housing button you could see what that brings up :D
  • Options
    Ok, so he desirved what he got. He will never post here again, but did he really have anything worth saying in the first place?

Dude, maybe the story of you living with your g/f is a cover up maybe thay just don't want to live with you. Go out and get some mates, maybee try a bit of conversation so that any problems can be sorted out before thay happen.

Bopz

PS I know my spelling is very bad, but im having a mental block and cant quite work out how to spell stuff propperly!
  • Options
    Bopperz wrote:
    maybe the story of you living with your g/f is a cover up maybe thay just don't want to live with you. Go out and get some mates,

slightly harsh! i think the key word was maybe! and as many people know going out and making friends isnt always as easy as it seems
  • Options
    I don't know whether other uni's are the same but mine has a board where students advertise for a housemate if they have a spare room or something. That might be worth a go.