Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

University 2nd Year Living Arrangements.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hello all. Just been on the fone to one of my mates here at uni and i asked him what were all doing for living arrangements next year. He goes, well, were all moving in together ( by that he means 5 others except me ) i go, rightt, well wot about me i need some people 2 move in wit, he goes , oh we presumed u were moving in with ur girlfriend !! no fucking way am i doing that, iv only been wit her 4 months, crazy, well ,i kno it will be like a year by september but still way too early to move in wit her. ive now gotta find some other peeps to move in wit, takes the piss.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You only have 5 friends and your gf? dont mean to sound rude, but surely there has to be more people than that you could live with....
    think this should be in students too maybe?
  • Options
    This situation rather reminds me of that of a friend of mine who's since dropped out of university, at least for the time being. I remember she had a bitchy housemate who was trying to force her out. While the situation may not be the same in this case, I can see certain parallels. Do you have any other friends you can go to, or anywhere else you can go and live? If not, could make things tricky. I suggest you go the AskTheSite (click here) or visit the Housing section. (click here)

As for those who claim this topic should be in another section, that is a matter for the moderators.
  • Options
    You only have 5 friends and your gf? dont mean to sound rude, but surely there has to be more people than that you could live with....
    think this should be in students too maybe?

na i got more friends, but these are the 1s i would kinda like to live with, if u know wot i mean, cos i spend most my time wid them.
  • Options
    i dont have anyone to move into a house with either as they have all kinda got into groups without me :/
  • Options
    well iv got my mate from my flat who definaterly move in wit, but we need to find mayb 1 more decent person.
  • Options
    This is one of those STUDENT type questions that should go in the STUDENT forum.

Preferably without the lame ass shit text talk.
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    i dont have anyone to move into a house with either as they have all kinda got into groups without me :/

Same, that and I don't know that many people well. :crying:
  • Options
    text talk ? what ?
  • Options
    boomting wrote:
    text talk ? what ?

fone
    iv
    wit
    mayb
    kno
    ur
    wot

None of those are real words.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    fone
    iv
    wit
    mayb
    kno
    ur
    wot

None of those are real words.

cockjock, do u tink i give 2 shitz blurd ?
  • Options
    boomting wrote:

No, I don't think you give a shit. I think that you're only on the boards to troll and talk rubbish.
  • Options
    dont give me grief .
  • Options
    boomting wrote:
    dont give me grief .

I'm answering your questions.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    No, I don't think you give a shit. I think that you're only on the boards to troll and talk rubbish.
    And you all wonder why new members never stay around?! As soon as anyone new comes along, all you regulars seem to gang up on them. What is it with you lot - have we got an outbreak of TheSite Xenophobia to deal with?!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    And you all wonder why new members never stay around?! As soon as anyone new comes along, all you regulars seem to gang up on them. What is it with you lot - have we got an outbreak of TheSite Xenophobia to deal with?!

Oh shush. He asked a question and I gave my opinion based on what I've seen.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

Surely a gang requires more than one person?
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Oh shush. He asked a question and I gave my opinion based on what I've seen.
    Oh yes, and flamed him at the same time. It's no wonder that people leave this site before they arrive when they constantly have to deal with idiots flaming them for no reason whatsoever other than the fact they get a kick out of it. Lord only knows I'm qualified to talk about the subject of being flamed.

We are meant to answer questions on this website on the basis that the original poster is genuine. How about reminding yourself of the rules before slating others?
  • Options
    Its good manners to talk properly, or at least half normal not text talk.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    for no reason whatsoever

I think you will find the reason was the text talk, thats a reason.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Oh yes, and flamed him at the same time. It's no wonder that people leave this site before they arrive when they constantly have to deal with idiots flaming them for no reason whatsoever other than the fact they get a kick out of it. Lord only knows I'm qualified to talk about the subject of being flamed.

We are meant to answer questions on this website on the basis that the original poster is genuine. How about reminding yourself of the rules before slating others?

I think that you are reading things into what I said that simply aren't there. You seem to think that it's some big conspiracy, whereas if you actually read what happened I said that the post should be in the student forum without the lame text talk, he said "text talk, what?", I listed what words were text talk and he said

So if you can come down from the high horse for a bit you will find that he insulted me, not the other way around.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    And you all wonder why new members never stay around?! As soon as anyone new comes along, all you regulars seem to gang up on them.

only if they're idiots.
  • Options
    There is no limit on how long the replies can be, therefore there is no need to text talk which was invented due to the limited space of text messages... If you read the rules of this place, i think there is something there about not using text talk. There's also the fact that the oldies dont understand the text talk. :p
    Even i find the text talk annoying sometimes, and im not even 19 yet!
    This post is about students and therefore should be in the student forum.
    Mist may have jumped a little harshly, but people should know that text talk isnt welcomed here...
    Not trying to take sides or even take part in any argument going on here.

As for the original post, move in with strangers and make even more friends! :)
  • Options
    txt tlk rulz nw shddup
  • Options
    boomting wrote:
    txt tlk rulz nw shddup

Don't expect help then.
  • Options
    boomting wrote:
    txt tlk rulz nw shddup

Please dont
  • Options
    There is no limit on how long the replies can be, therefore there is no need to text talk which was invented due to the limited space of text messages...
    This is untrue. As far as I know, there is a limit of around 10,000 characters.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

My mistake then. But how many messages/replies are actually that long that words need shortening?
  • Options
    My mistake then. But how many messages/replies are actually that long that words need shortening?
    Almost certainly none. I agree that text talk is not suitable for this board, but I can't agree that those who use it accidentally should be flamed into hell for it. That said, this boomting character seems to be deliberately using it, so flame him if you like, I don't care.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

How often have you gone over that limit? Why the fuck would anyone write a post that long unless they were posting several million dissertations or something?

Loser.
  • Options
    Im not flaming anyone, jsut wanna make that one clear...
    People who use it deliberately when they have been asked not to deserve whatever they get in my opinion, cos to me it just seems that they're awkward sods out to annoy people.
    People who use it accidently dont tend to get flamed into hell for it...