Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Quick question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Whats the minimum age for flying abroad? searched, nothing.

looking at you Rachie :p

Cheers :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Do you mean flying unaccompanied? Airlines usually have a member of staff to look after kids and the such who make sure they get met at the other end by a relative etc. But saying that, I've flown to America by myself when I was 15. That was with BA.
  • Options
    2 17 year olds flying. Got a grand master money making scheme in the works, and trying to work out whether or not it'll work out. Sounds like it might :D

Cheers Tim [if that is your real name... :chin:]
  • Options
    Most airlines will take people of any age (obviously not babies) normally for young kids they have a member of staff look after them at the airport, and then someone meet them at the other end until the are collected by the correct parent/guardian.
    I flew on my own at 13, no probs! If its for a holiday the company normally wants a letter to say its ok from parent etc
  • Options
    Yeh you'll be totally fine to fly abroad at 17 to carry out your devious plans. I'm intrigued though!
  • Options
    Har, top secret :p But it should be fun :p

Cheers for that you two, phaze one of my grand master plan is complete :p
  • Options
    My cousin lives in new york and she came over as young as 13 by herself but she had to be accompanied to the airport and had ot have a relative to go to when she got here which was fine, my mate was 17 when he went to go to america to work and was nearly deprted because of it, he had to ring his uncle who lived there to sort things out but then again he was staying for 3 months, i'm not sure tbh.
  • Options
    BaybehGrrl wrote:
    :chin:

:flirt: