Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Something to do over the summer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm 20 and in the first year at uni and really wanna work aboard over the summer. Anyone got any ideas of wat2 do? I was thinkin just flyin over 2 a hol resort in spain with a mate and doin bar work anyone done that? How about applying for holiday reping for something like 18-30s, anyone done that?

So anyone got any suggestings advice? I would mind the schemes where you work with children either, just want something different to do!!!!
any advice please? it would be very welcome!!!!

xxxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If you want to do repping in the summer you need to apply now!!
    I did it, i did my training in Feb for the summer season. Be prepared for hard work tho! Espesh 18-30s.... its all about the sales figures so make sure u got some good selling skills, and make sure you can deal with drunk people!!
    As long as you with the right company you'll have a great time....as long as you not afta makin ££ cos you'll spend more than you'll make lol
    If u wanna PM i can give ya ne info u want :) x
    Flying over there is a bit risky as so many people do it! hard to get work and place 2 stay etc
  • Options
    I worked for 7 months in Menorca last year as a kids rep and I absolutely loved it. I'm going again this year in May.

Lexi is right you do need to apply now, but don't worry you've not left it too late...a lot of travel companies are desparate for reps when it gets to like July/August time (people wanting to go home, people being sacked etc) and its high season. I applied for repping in May and within a month I was there! It happened really fast.

Flying over to look for bar work is a bit dodgy because so many people do that, its better to have connections and have a job lined up for already, even though I know thats not always possible.

If you don't mind working with kids how about applying for Camp America? I applied last year and got in but it all fell through last minute. If you want to apply for that though you need to get your skates on :)
  • Options
    Two words for you...
    CAMP AMERICA! ;)