Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Babies!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do people say 'have babies till ur 30'?

I would have one now if i could, well i cant, im a boy :) you know what i mean.

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Why do people say 'have babies till ur 30'?

I would have one now if i could, well i cant, im a boy :) you know what i mean.

Um, presumably so you don't regret it. A lot of people regret having children so young so it could be that? I don't know.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    so you can have a life before you're tied down. a child is a 24-hour-a-day job for the next 20-odd years of your life. so you can have more chance of financial security (the average child costs £160,000 to bring up), so you are mature and settled and are able to provide a good example for your little-uns. so you have more chance to provide a secure, stable family environment.

having a child means never putting yourself first again. never spending that extra cash on that new DVD you want, or those cool trainers, cause the baby needs nappies and milk. never just taking off and having a night out with your mates, cause you need to arrange a babysitter and no-one's able to do it. never having a lie in on a sunday, cause your exuberant 2-year-old is bouncing on your bed at 6 in the morning demanding to be taken to the park.

are you ready for that?
    kaffrin wrote:
    having a child means never putting yourself first again. never spending that extra cash on that new DVD you want, or those cool trainers, cause the baby needs nappies and milk. never just taking off and having a night out with your mates, cause you need to arrange a babysitter and no-one's able to do it. never having a lie in on a sunday, cause your exuberant 2-year-old is bouncing on your bed at 6 in the morning demanding to be taken to the park.

OMG, that's just the START of it! Wait till they're teenagers. If only people understood the headaches and the heartaches they can really bring you. But then no, maybe not - no-one would ever have kids.
    Miffy wrote:
    OMG, that's just the START of it! Wait till they're teenagers. If only people understood the headaches and the heartaches they can really bring you. But then no, maybe not - no-one would ever have kids.

i didn't want to kill off the human race, just delay people for a few years.

that's why i didn't mention the teenagers ;)
    I think its nice to have them young but thats just me, i wouldn't want to be a teen mum though, its hard enough at my age.
    Some people say its so you can have a life before children but you do have a life, its just a different one. If you don't like putting someone else first all the time, you aren't ready for children.
    Tweety wrote:
    I think its nice to have them young but thats just me, i wouldn't want to be a teen mum though, its hard enough at my age.

there's young, and there's young, though.

in your early to mid twenties you are young, but i also think at that age most people are mature enough to think through having babies properly. you're also independant and have a good awareness of the financial side of raising a family.

the original poster, according to his profile, is 16. and in my opinion, that is too young.
    kaffrin wrote:
    there's young, and there's young, though.

in your early to mid twenties you are young, but i also think at that age most people are mature enough to think through having babies properly. you're also independant and have a good awareness of the financial side of raising a family.

the original poster, according to his profile, is 16. and in my opinion, that is too young.

Thats what i meant, as i said i wouldn't want to be a teen mum.
    There are so many long-term consequences to having a child, I'm 19 and I know I definitely want children but not for a few years yet! Quite a few of my friends of the same age have recently had babies, but there is no way I could have one yet. The way I look at it is that whenever there is something that I don't know or I'm not sure about, I ask my parents and they always answer whatever the question is. It is usually just general things about life (how to fill out a certain form, etc.) but important things. There are so many things that I don't know about life and I don't know how to do, that I don't feel I could justify bringing a child into the world at the moment. I wouldn't necessarily wait until I was 30, but I think at least 25 when I have had a bit more life experience and have been working for at least a few years.
    Aren't you the guy who DOESN'T want a baby in his house?
    well i cant afford £160,000 at the moment ;)

But i would just like to take it to parks, bouce on my bed, 1st Xmas etc.

--

Yes i am the guy who doesnt want a baby in my house - but thats becasuse its not mine, and my mum with have to fork out paying for the baby. And your own baby is diffrent right.
    I'm going through a wee phase at the moment, were I would soo love to have a baby right now. But I wouldn't take my feelings seriously as I know at the same time, I am soo not ready to have a baby as I'm still studying and living with me folks, etc.
    The mentality of people in more economically developed countries is that education comes first, career then children. In places like the UK the replacement rate is just over 2-the bare minimum to keep a stable population. Most women nowadays just don't want kids til they're older, which is probably a good thing if you've ever watched Vicky Pollard in Little Britain!

"ya but no but oh my god SHUT UP i wasnt even there anyway everyone knows Cheryl's fanny goes sideways"