Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Painful Sex for a bloke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

Just a slight concern. A while back now I broke my ferulum (spelling may be wrong) and it was painful as anything and had to go to hospital as was so worried with it being such a mess. Anyhow the doc said its a common thing and things would be fine. However I am finding every now and then sex is really painful like my foreskin is stretching too much sort of sensation. Does anyone else have this or any advice? Masturbation is fine because I guess its me doing it and I dont retract fully, in fact the biggest problem comes when the girl is on top and just getting on if you get what I mean? Is there any way of avoiding this uncomfortable sensation?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe you should ask your GP for advice? I cannot really think of any thing to help you out apart from seeing your local GP.
    maybe u could say something to the girl or use lubrication???? otherwise i agree with felix and ask your gp.
    I had this problem with an ex - he found sex painful afterwards as it was pulling his foreskin back too far - we were advised to pull the foreskin over the end of his penis before insertion so that it didnt retract fully during sex - it certainly helped and didnt make sex any less enjoyable.
    Forgot to add that we also used loads of lubrication.
  • ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    It's good advice to go back to your GP, especially as you've already been treated for this. But it's totally understandable if you're a wee bit reluctant to talk to them about this sort of thing. It's worth remembering that they deal with this sort of thing all the time so it's totally normal for them to discuss this with you. If you're really not keen to speak to them about it then you can speak to a doctor at your local Brook centre (if you're under 25) or, if you're over 25 you can speak to a nurse via the fpa helpline on 0845 310 1334.

Hope this helps some,
    CB
    i have this problem..
    you have to spend time in the bath rolling back your foreskin as far as it will go. with me this is only a few milimteres and i shower anyway! its fine during sex tho. its all about going thru the small pain to get to the pleasure.. the girl's natural lubrication sorts the problem out for me. alex
    Narcotic wrote:
    Hey,

Just a slight concern. A while back now I broke my ferulum

Is that the banjo string? If so i know someone who this happened to and it hurt him to have sex with his girlfriend, and would make it bleed more so they started using condoms again and this solved the problem, probably because of less friction or something.
    i've had this same problem with my boyfriend.in our case there were about 5 or 6 ripping incidents, ouch! use condoms every time u have sex for the forseeable future, should help