Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Connection drops?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm on a wireless network with one Laptop and sometimes another 2 or 3 PCs if were having some LAN play on CS. After everyone tunrns their machine off, my connection drops or if I turn my machine off and reboot or something like that, my WLAN utility will say no connection, then it will say network connection excellent and then disconnect again so I have to disable my LAN from in Windows and then enable it again?

Comments

• Options
    How is the wireless network operating? Do you have an access point?
  • Options
    Yup, it goes through an access point whcih is my router that's got a modem in it.
  • Options
    That's a funny one then. You shouldn't have to repair your wireless connection from windows unless the router dies for some reason whilst windows is still running.
  • Options
    Found it. A program what I use called Protowall was blocking my machine from broadcasting to IANA to let the network know I'm online. Need to setup some exclusions & turn on the blocking notice. Cheers though.
  • Options
    oh i get the same problem on my laptop but i dont use Protowall ;'(