Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

PopCorn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why does popcorn taste yucky when made in a popcorn maker? But way better when you use the microwave? And even better from the cinema?

We found a popcorn maker inthe loft, tried it and the popcorn tastes like cardboard!!

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Um, I have never had popcorn from a popcorn maker before. I have popped popcorn on a hob before and that was definitely the yummiest as I could decide how much salt to put on it instead of there being a stupid amount.
  • Options
    pop corn is horrible full stop. with exseption for toffee popcorn which truely rules.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    pop corn is horrible full stop. with exseption for toffee popcorn which truely rules.
    Nooooo ... salted opcorn is clearly the best. The rest sucks eggs.
  • Options
    Um, I have never had popcorn from a popcorn maker before. I have popped popcorn on a hob before and that was definitely the yummiest as I could decide how much salt to put on it instead of there being a stupid amount.

A home popcorn maker is like a, upsidedown hairdryer, using hot air to pop the corns, but it also means you can't add salt or any oil whilst cooking, so maybe that is it.
  • Options
    It tastes alright from our popcorn maker.

Everything tastes horrible from a microwave though... kinda metallic.
  • Options
    we had a popcorn maker in the common room at school and that was gorgeous stuff....but the best popcorn has to be butter popcorn
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I hate popcorn. No problems with its taste, but they way it "slooches" when I chew it... Yuck! :yuck:
  • Options
    i like sweet popcorn but it knocks me sick if you get one mof those hard bits cos i always think iv broken a tooth when actually its a bit of corn so i dont eat it.

butterkissed on the other hand is amasing
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Toffee owns all.
  • Options
    i'll eat all types, me love popcorn
  • Options
    Toffee and sweet popcorn are ok. Salted mings though.
  • Options
    Toffee and sweet popcorn are ok. Salted mings though.
    Thought you liked yours salty ;)
  • Options
    MoonRat wrote:
    Thought you liked yours salty ;)

Are you anything other than vulgar? You know as well as I I've never given a blowjob :)
  • Options
    I used to love eating Banana Popcorn from Tesco's, but they don't sell it out here *gutted*
  • Options
    How can you say popcorn is horrible, and yet like toffee? Toffee makes up like 1/3 of the known flavours.
    I say 'know' because I see popcorn flavours like the periodic table I recon theres a few more that just havent been discovered yet.
  • Options
    Nooooo ... salted opcorn is clearly the best. The rest sucks eggs.

:yes: :yum:

popycock's popcorn with cashew nuts is lovely too. But too much and it makes me feel sick.