Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What no media campaign?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Where's the media campaign to get Nobbie Solano banned for three matches for "violent conduct" after Saturday's game?

Where's the masses of photographs, the five minute piece running every few minutes on Sky Sports?

Does this mean that Fergie is right and that the only reason Rooney got so much attention was because it was Rooney?

Or does it highlight the shameless dive of the Bolton player, whereas Silvestre stayed on his feet...?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Haven't seen it, can't comment.

But knowing Solano, I doubt it was violent conduct. Unlike the hooker-fucking pie-munching chav twat in the United shirt:)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Haven't seen it, can't comment.

But knowing Solano, I doubt it was violent conduct. Unlike the hooker-fucking pie-munching chav twat in the United shirt:)

It was no less and no more of a shove in the face. Which is exactly what Rooney did. Interestingly MOTD raised it and compared the two, they were left in no doubt that it was of the same level, but I've heard nothing from anyone else.

Hence my point. Do MUFC players get extra attention because the are MUFC players, and does this mean therefore that they are more likely to get a ban?
  • Options
    Possibly. I would only say that this is not exclusive of Man U but it happens to clubs with very high profiles- Arsenal, Chelsea and so on...

The bullying moaning drunk you have for a manager and his accusations and double standards probably don't help matters either.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Possibly. I would only say that this is not exclusive of Man U but it happens to clubs with very high profiles- Arsenal, Chelsea and so on...

Indeed, interestingly Kolo Toure was charged today on video evidence...

Still nothing for Solano though.
    The bullying moaning drunk you have for a manager and his accusations and double standards probably don't help matters either.

Even though in this instance he's proven correct?
  • Options
    Well the tale of the boy who cried 'wolf' too many times comes to mind ;)