Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

January 24th - oh bugger...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,724 Bot
Story
According to a tutor at Cardiff University, January 24th looks set to be the most depressing day of the year. Now when does that fall? Oh, tomorrow. Bugger. So, how will you avoid tomorrow being the most depressing day of the year for you?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    after reading that I'm gonig to make it a fantastic day just to piss off that miserable twunt
  • Options
    It bloody well not be, I'm setting up camp at the hospital my bf is at, and we really want good test results.
  • Options
    I think it's a rather crappy question to ask. There's little danger of tomorrow being the worst day of my year so I don't need to do a thing to prevent it. :cool:
    Of course, if you expect it to be, then you're already setting yourself up for having a bad day.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I hope to write well at my exam...
  • Options
    I plan on going shopping to Birmingham and then going to watch a band called The Killers, get very drunk, then come back home on the right train if I'm fortunate enough.

I believe that disproves your theory.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    It bloody well not be, I'm setting up camp at the hospital my bf is at, and we really want good test results.
    Good luck about that, incidentally. :)
  • Options
    Capacity wrote:
    ...going to watch a band called The Killers

As if no one has heard of them before. :p

I'm fine today, and I doubt I'm suddenly going to become really depressed over night.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Good luck about that, incidentally. :)
    there is no way tomorrow can be bad. none. stargalaxy, i'm sorry to tell you this, but you are such a depressing prick. being positive isn't gonna kill you. in fact it might actually save your poor little blighted soul.

so shut the fuck up with the depressing crap. i've done it to death here already. comprende?

and good luck with Lee's results zella, *hugs to you and him*
  • Options
    and good luck with Lee's results zella, *hugs to you and him*

Thanks. It gonna be a looooooooooooooong week:yes:
  • Options
    stargalaxy, i'm sorry to tell you this, but you are such a depressing prick. being positive isn't gonna kill you. in fact it might actually save your poor little blighted soul. so shut the fuck up with the depressing crap.
    Fuck what you think. Lord only knows that morons like you are spreading like weeds. If you don't like my threads, don't bloody comment in them.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    there is no way tomorrow can be bad. none. stargalaxy, i'm sorry to tell you this, but you are such a depressing prick. being positive isn't gonna kill you. in fact it might actually save your poor little blighted soul.

so shut the fuck up with the depressing crap. i've done it to death here already. comprende?

Um, that is a bit harsh, n'est pas?

I saw that story too. I even commented on it in my LJ. Thought it was quite funny :)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Fuck what you think. Lord only knows that morons like you are spreading like weeds. If you don't like my threads, don't bloody comment in them.
    dude, i've been there not so long ago. I was there for 3 miserable years of my life. it's not something you have to be, and so far the past 3 months have been my best ever. what i said was neither harsh nor lies. it's the truth and yeah i know it hurts at times, but you have to take it in high doses to get better.
  • Options
    dude, i've been there not so long ago. I was there for 3 miserable years of my life. it's not something you have to be, and so far the past 3 months have been my best ever. what i said was neither harsh nor lies. it's the truth and yeah i know it hurts at times, but you have to take it in high doses to get better.
    Don't fucking patronise me! I fucking know that things are getting better for me. I'm doing plenty to improve my life, thank you very much, I don't need you telling me otherwise!
  • Options
    well todays been depressing enough so tomorow cannae be any worse plsu i start work again tomorow at long fucking last :D
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Don't fucking patronise me! I fucking know that things are getting better for me. I'm doing plenty to improve my life, thank you very much, I don't need you telling me otherwise!
    well it doesn't seem like it. fine ok, i was in the wrong for trying to help. i am very sorry.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand BREATHE.
  • Options
    i think a lot of you are mistaking 'depressing' for 'unlucky'.

he's not saying that everyone will have a shit day. he's just saying that given the combination of shit weather, lack of money after christmas and general levels of motivation, it's going to be quite a shit day.
  • Options
    I know what your saying here hun, but its a bit uncalled for at presant. Yes he can be an annoying twat most of the time, but he hasnt been trying to spread his self hatred and low self worth for a while now. When he has its been generally in health.

Oh and one more thing sweetie. Its my job to have a go at him and I cant be having you steal it from me.

Congrats on getting past it tho, tis hard but oh so much fun when you do.
  • Options
    well it doesn't seem like it. fine ok, i was in the wrong for trying to help. i am very sorry.
    If I want your help, I'll ask for it! Just because I'm posting a thread about tomorrow apparently being the most depressing day of the year does not necessarily indicate that I agree with it! I don't - I think it's a load of nonsense, have done since I first read it a few days ago. I simply want to know what everyone else thinks, but do I get that? No, of course not!
  • Options
    Shut up. There is my two cents :)
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    Oh and one more thing sweetie. Its my job to have a go at him and I cant be having you steal it from me.
    Exactly. I gave this role to Zella a few months ago, and reaffirmed it when I met her in London just over two weeks ago. It's exclusively for her!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Zella wrote:
    Glad that's finally happening... :) I wish it all goes well!
  • Options
    The Doc wrote:
    As if no one has heard of them before. :p

Lawl. That turned into a habbit. When I was younger and I went to watch bands, they'd say "this next song was our first single, it's called n", where it is so clear that n needs no introduction at all.
  • Options
    The university can't tell shite, don't listen to that bollox.

I'll just have to see what tomorrow is like, i've got an A level in the morning which i'm fucked in. I'll have to repeat it more than likely. :(
  • Options
    To be honest this month has actually been ace :yes:
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    I rather agree. For me personally, it's been the best month for quite some time. The highlight for me was TheSite meet up in London.
  • Options
    dont think it so bad, at least your bday doesnt happen to be on the 24th of january!! (unless it is) quite frankly the thought of my bday (24 of jan) being the most depressing day of the year is a load of bollcks!! peoples emotions are forever changing there is no day in which to be depressed. unfortunately some of us are depressed everyday and some people may find this so called "depressing day" to be a laugh. if you do get depressed dont take it out on your mates, i find that screaming into a pillow helps a lot.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

Same here! I got a place sorted and everything!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The highlight for me was TheSite meet up in London.

OH

MY

GOD.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    OH MY GOD.
    And what exactly is wrong with that?