Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fucking power cuts :|

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is about the 3rd fucking time i've tried to make this post now, cus all the other times i got half way through and it went off again :|

And there were only 3 houses on my bastard street who got them, why us :(

Uhmmm to give this thread a point erm, when did you last have a power cut and were you EXTREMELY bored?

Shows how much we rely on leccy ha

Comments

• Options
    I don't remember the last time we had a powercut. I got all excited at work the other day 'cus all the lights around the entrance went off, and I thought we might have a powercut. Alas, they came back on after about 30 seconds. I was gutted. :(
  • Options
    Lil Laura wrote:
    I don't remember the last time we had a powercut. I got all excited at work the other day 'cus all the lights around the entrance went off, and I thought we might have a powercut. Alas, they came back on after about 30 seconds. I was gutted. :(
    omg....shes back! :p
  • Options
    i haven't got a proper one in a while but i dind't mind the last time, we got the candles out and played monopoly, reminded me of when i was a kid.
  • Options
    Amira wrote:
    omg....shes back! :p

It's like deja vu, it was only the other day I said to Doofay that I don't even remember going anywhere. It's all quite emotional. ;(
  • Options
    Ahh I havent played monopoly for aaages! Last time I did I opened a can of whoop-ass on my bf who is the self proclaimed king of monopoly. Poor thing was sulking about it for about hour:lol:

And to answer the question. I dont think I've ever had a proper power cut, but there have been so many times that the light bulb goes in my room and then decides to be a bitch to me and refuse to come out.
  • Options
    Lil Laura wrote:
    It's like deja vu, it was only the other day I said to Doofay that I don't even remember going anywhere. It's all quite emotional. ;(
    well if it makes you feel better it feels like yesterday that you were here....*sigh*
  • Options
    We have powercuts ALLLL the time, the whole estate goes out. Tis most annoying :(
  • Options
    Last time I played monopoly wasn't during a black out (it was boxing day) but it caused me and my girlfriend to have the fight of the century after I started putting down houses. We're both a bit competitive...
  • Options
    Lil Laura wrote:

:crying:

Laula :(
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I didn't even know those Dirty Manc's had electricity!
  • Options
    Last time I played monopoly wasn't during a black out (it was boxing day) but it caused me and my girlfriend to have the fight of the century after I started putting down houses. We're both a bit competitive...

same here, sometimes i used to throw tantrums and wreck the place, everyone says they're only playing for a laugh but deep down it's dog eat dog.
  • Options
    The last time we had a power cut was the day after I said "Am I the only person who has not had a power cut?". Ho hum. It went off about 6am and the men were around fixing the....big box thingy down the road by the time I was on my way to school, so I just got ready as per normal. But without a TV, stereo or toaster. It was like the Dark Ages. :(
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I didn't even know those Dirty Manc's had electricity!

Aye, considering your lot were the ones who were down the mines digging the coal :p
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    same here, sometimes i used to throw tantrums and wreck the place, everyone says they're only playing for a laugh but deep down it's dog eat dog.
    lmao Monopoly isn't a game, its a way of establishing whos boss
  • Options
    last winter we had power cut in our village and one whole st was without leccy for 6days!!! they were not amused! rest of us were back on 25hours later but they were without it for all that time- nearly all of them had electric showers and couldnt wash except in baby baths and buckets. the village fish and chip shop made absolute fortune that week, one of the few areas that wasnt affected
  • Options
    My dad got so desperate for a brew that he actually got a dirty great pan out, filled it with like 2 litres of water and put it on the gas, and then tried to pour it into a mug ;o
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

I always take it too far and demand that the board and everyone else stays where it is until there's a clear winner and everyone else is bankrupt. People get bored a lot quicker than I do, fuckin' pussies...
  • Options
    when we play monopoly we add a rule ...all fines etc are paid not into the bank but put on free parking ...whoever lands gets the dosh ...a quite sizable sum some times.
  • Options
    Isnt that how your ment to play it?
  • Options
    when we play monopoly we add a rule ...all fines etc are paid not into the bank but put on free parking ...whoever lands gets the dosh ...a quite sizable sum some times.

We play that rule as well, can be a lifesaver sometimes. Some people like to play that if you land directly on the go space then you get £400 instead of £200 but that's just dumb.
  • Options
    People always give up when we play Monopoly. Especially when it's ME that's doing well...
  • Options
    The christmas before last at mums half way through dinner being cooked :/.
  • Options
    aitn had one in ages but up the middle of nowhere (north scotland) we were always guranteed at least one big cut every winter the longest i think we wre out for about 3 and a half days once

i jsut went to the pub three days in a row as i couldnt work :D
  • Options
    every week last summer, the first day we moved into this house, 2 weeks ago when i was cooking dinner......too many power cuts.
  • Options
    The last time we had a power cut, must of been years ago as I was still at school. Anyway, I was having a friend over for dinner afterwards, got home and the power was out... we ended up playing Heroquest by candle light eating cheese sandwiches. Was the best time I had for a long time, was really quite atmospheric.

I now have everything in my room hooked up to a UPS - so even if there is a power cut, I can still surf the net hehe
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    When did you last have a power cut and were you EXTREMELY bored?
    Our last power cut was last February when we had some snow. I spent most of that afternoon in the house, freezing cold, putting on about six coats at once. Mind you, Max, our Alsatian, was delighted to see the snow and spent hours playing in it! :D