Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Flogging a la Ebay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I get a replacement Zen Xtra I'm thinking of putting it on Ebay. I don't want any less than about 120 - 130 for it. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Since it's a replacement would I have to tell the buyer/bidders?

2. Should that have an impact on price ie since it's brand new replacement, charge higher or charge lower because it is a replacement.

3. In the event I actually get a sale, what methods of payment are there? Could I ask for postal orders or something?

Comments

• Options
    1. If by replacement you mean it's new to replace an old one just call it new
    2. Just call it boxed if it is, that's the best way to boost price - oh and include a real picture.
    3. You can pick the ways, paypal is easiest, and postal orders are rarely used because the buyer incures charges - but you can ask. To be honest the quickest way is to ask them to put the money directly into a bank account. Not accepting paypal will, however, reduce the price you will get.

Start at the mininmum you want and don't put a reserve on.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    1. If by replacement you mean it's new to replace an old one just call it new
    2. Just call it boxed if it is, that's the best way to boost price - oh and include a real picture.
    3. You can pick the ways, paypal is easiest, and postal orders are rarely used because the buyer incures charges - but you can ask. To be honest the quickest way is to ask them to put the money directly into a bank account. Not accepting paypal will, however, reduce the price you will get.

Start at the mininmum you want and don't put a reserve on.

The original had hard disk problems, the one I'm thinking of selling is a replacement for it. I do have every box and little bag it came with. Even the little twisty clip things for the wires.

What is PayPal exactly? Do I get charged and is it 100%?
  • Options
    boxed just means box and instructions

paypal is the internet payment method that lets you recieve credit card / debit card payments.

It will cost you about 1 or 2 percent of the sale, as will posting on ebay.

Someone sends you a card payment and then you transfer the money to your bank account - takes about 5 working days, or you can use the money instantly to buy other things on ebay.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    boxed just means box and instructions

paypal is the internet payment method that lets you recieve credit card / debit card payments.

It will cost you about 1 or 2 percent of the sale, as will posting on ebay.

Someone sends you a card payment and then you transfer the money to your bank account - takes about 5 working days, or you can use the money instantly to buy other things on ebay.

So payment is guaranteed and they can't take the money back?

Sorry if I'm being stupid here Jim but i don't have a clue about Ebay or anything like it.
  • Options
    yep, that's why people like paypal, it guarantee's you get the money even if it takes a few days to move into your account.